Turn Sub Off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KrazyLoCo 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  

Hey All,

I just got my sub installed and hooked up. I was wondering if there was anyway to turn the sub/amp off. I ask this because I listen to a large variety of musical genres, and when I am listening to techno/rap I want to sub pounding, but when I stick in a rock/metal CD, I don't really want the sub to be on.

Is there any way to do this?

overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 5:36 AM / IP Logged  

turn the bass down on the CD player, leaves it in a little bit too just "beefen" it up, I listen to quite a bit of metal and some bottom end grunt is nice... So turn it down and save it as an eq setting.

Check all advice given with a meter
TruckSystem 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
You could mount a toggle switch for the amplifier signal wire somewhere as well so you can turn it on or off when you want. I agree with the above though, even for metal some bass makes it sound alot better.
2003 Chevrolet Silverado Standard Cab ~ Alpine CDA-9851
Diamond Audio D3600.1 ~ 2x Diamond Audio TM310D4
Diamond Audio D3400.4 ~ Diamond Audio Hex S600s
AstroStart RS5204 Remote Start/Alarm
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 8:25 AM / IP Logged  
what amp are you running? will it accept a bass knob? if not, you can get a bass knob thats inline on the RCAs that just turns down the input.
KrazyLoCo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks so much for the replies, guys!

I'm running an MTX RoadThunder II amp, it has Bass and Gain knobs on it...

I was just scared that the heavy and fast beats of metal music would be bad for the sub? But if you guys say it's not, then I have no problem turning down the bass and leaving the sub on while I listen to different genres of music. :)

nam-eci 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think they ment knobs on the amp!

I think they ment a remote knob on a lead,

you can buy seperate ones that U can run to the front & can be screwed under the dash.

so you dont have to jump out & run to the back & keep twiddleing the gain with a small driver!

EVERYTIME MEATLOAF COMES ON!Turn Sub Off -- posted image.

KrazyLoCo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

LOL! I thought that's what they meant, nam-eci. Haha.

I'll go to my local car audio store and see what they say about a remote knob.

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
KrazyLoCo, your amp would have come with a knob and a phone jack on the amp if you could use a remote bass control with it.  If your amp doesn't have the jack, you have to go back to plan A:  turn the bass down using the deck controls.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
bradleonard 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
Forget the external wired remote signal attenuator that these are talking about. If your amp does not have a special plug for such a device and your deck does not have a built sub volume control for the separate sub output, then you can simply place a toggle switch ( a very small toggle switch if you want) between the amp turn on output of the deck  ( usually a blue wire) and the turn on wire to amp. Turning off this 12 volt (+) output with turn off the amp to the sub.
werd
overworked2 
Copper - Posts: 132
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 5:48 AM / IP Logged  
and then lose all bass altogether......I still suggest using the EQ settings your head unit, no cost, no further installations, just simple button pushing.
Check all advice given with a meter
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic