icon

2001 Grand Am, door lock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
exit69 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2005 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
I bought this alarm for my cavalier but never installed it and now I have another car (2001 Grand am GT) and apperantly the door locks are not the same and the guy who sold it to me says I will need a one wire lock kit to install it on the grand am. I beleive what it originally came with is a two wire door lock inverter which has a 3wire plug on one end (which goes to the brain)then goes to a little black box (inverter)and then has two positive wires, which I beleive would hook up to the door lock wires.
It will take 2 weeks for this part to ship so I want to know if there is just another way around it... with relays or something
If you want to see the alarm I have and its features click here http:///.com/dll?ViewItem&item=5743480478&ed=1105763322000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:CA:3
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  

<<<<< I beleive what it originally came with is a two wire door lock inverter which has a 3wire plug on one end (which goes to the brain)then goes to a little black box (inverter)and then has two positive wires, which I beleive would hook up to the door lock wires.  >>>>>

You may need Relays if your RS / Alarm does NOT put out a strong enough Ground.

Negative Pusle On The WHITE Wire In The Driver Kick Panel Will Lock The Doors. A Negative Pulse Thru A 1.5K Ohm Resistor On The Same WHITE Wire Will Unlock The Doors.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
mkaudio17 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2005 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
also in the passenger kick area, its easy to take the glove box out to do this, the bcm is there and you can find all wires, trunk pop, locks, doorpin, park lights keysense, etc.. it also has the wires that control the doorlock relays which are positive, it also has the white one wire there also.
Professionalism.
exit69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
could someone please tell me how the relays should go exactly. And also how I should set up another relay for the trunk. I am using an aux wire from my alarm which has an output of - 500ma
I am working on the car right now
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged  
http://64.85.6.129/extrainfo/diagrams/15941_GRAND-AM_GRAND%20AM%201%20WIRE%20JBS%20UNITS.pdf
Just use the 2 relays as shown in the first digram for your application.
exit69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
i already tried that. Can someone explain a little more in detail how it works.    Maybe i am doing something wrong.
How do my locks work? Just for testing I grounded that white wire for the door locks and the locks locked but how would i get them to unlock?
exit69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
i already tried that. Can someone explain a little more in detail how it works.    Maybe i am doing something wrong.
How do my locks work? Just for testing I grounded that white wire for the door locks and the locks locked but how would i get them to unlock?
iskidoo 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
you have to ground the same wire through a 1500 ohm resistor. Touch one side of the resistor to the white wire and the other side of the resistor to ground to test the unlock.
What did you already try? If you hooked up 2 relays and used a 1500 ohm resistor like in the diagram you should be good to go. Double check your wires if your still having trouble.
exit69 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, I don't think I installed the resisor right... I will try tomorrow. In the meantime, can anyone tell me how to relay up the trunk now...
iskidoo 
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
http://bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/newsite/pictures/instdiagrams/37.jpg
put your remote start units (-) negative trunk pop output wire where the diagram shows the WHITE/ red wire (pin 85). use the (-)negative trunk pop diagram on the right side and hook (pin 87) to the:
TRUNK RELEASE BLACK/ WHITE (-)   IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic