the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
Are your Dome lights off?  Or do they fade out?
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor continues to shake for a couple seconds after you slam your door closed. When you arm the alarm, the shock sensor is still sending a trigger to the sensor 1 input of the brain. If you wait about 5 seconds after closing the door before you arm it you won't get the 'sensor 1' notification. Its not a problem even if you arm the alarm immediately because after a few seconds the sensor will start working again even if you got the notification.
What do you have connected to zone 2?
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
didn't think about the shock sensor. Here's another question. My shock sensor doesn't seem to be sensitive enough. I have the sensitivity turned all the way up and it is mounted to a dash support and I zip tied as tight as I could using pliers, so it doesn't move. Still, I have to hit my car pretty hard to get it to go off. It never gives the warn away response when I hit it harder and harder. When I hit it REALLY hard (this is hitting the window pillar) it the siren goes full blast. Any way I can make this more sensitive or do I just need a proximity sensor (would like a softer impact to cause the warn away)?
Thanks
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2005 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
and i don't remember what i have connected to zone two........what should be on it? Also, the shock sensor has a green wire on it, is this extra? It doesn't go into either plug in harness and it just loose.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
VIPER 791xv. My shock sensor doesn't seem to be sensitive enough. I have the sensitivity turned all the way up and it is mounted to a dash support (metal) and I zip tied as tight as I could using pliers, so it doesn't move. Still, I have to hit my car pretty hard to get it to go off. It never gives the warn away response when I hit it harder and harder. When I hit it REALLY hard (this is hitting the window pillar) the siren goes full blast. Any way I can make this more sensitive or do I just need a proximity sensor (would like a softer impact to cause the warn away)? Also, what goes on the loose green wire on the sensor harness?
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
hey buddy were not doctor xavier, we cannot read your mind & thoughts.more info.what kind of car?
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
it's a 2003 mazda6 6 cylinder. bose audio, one 10" type r sub and one pioneer 760w amp. it's lapis blue with stock 17" wheels and is lowered on H&R springs with a Racing Beat rear sway bar and a Injen Cold Air Intake. I have blue neons under the dash wired in with the dome lights and have replaced the dome lights with blue 4LEDs. now you know EVERYTHING about my car.
nava94 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

No you forgot to tell us about your seats.Cheap factory or leather?WHAT no tv's, no spoiler, no body kit. try relocating the shock. lower the sense and arm the alarm then slightly tap the shock if it still goes off with no warn away you have a bad shock and to the lite green wire read your manual it's for extra sensors.

Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
man nav, tear this guy up, yea, you might have to try ajusting the screws, see if you didn't turn them the wrong way, you should beable to arm it and then tap the box, if you hit it hard and the red and green lights don't both go on then it's bad, that's a good way to sense, having it tied down to the dash suport should be a good place for it, it will pick up on everything there..
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
nava94 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
hey man answer mo12v's question!! so we could further troubleshoot and help you solve your problem on your pimped out ride.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic