icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
oooh and we already gave you some pointers on your shock sensor sensitivity on another post.what was the outcome? did you try relocating the shock or lowering the sensibility and tapping the shock sensor to see if it warn away or set off a full alarm cycle.look at the leds in the shock. post the result so we can help you out some more.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
i've never seen a green light and there isn't a green bulb even in the sensor housing. i adjusted the only screw all the way both ways, one way i can't set the alarm off by hitting my car and turned the other way it is like i described above. if i thump the sensor it gives me the red light. would having a second shock sensor help?
btw, i have black leather seats and the factory sports appearance package which include the side skirts, rear spoiler, and different front and rear bumpers from the base model. the v6 is a 3.0L. Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6 - Page 6 -- posted image.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
my dome lights fade out and i'm pretty sure it's the shock sensor cause if i wait a second and arm it it does just fine. As far as the shock sensor, i'll try turning it down and thumping it to see if i can get a warn away response sometime soon. I'll let you know. btw, it's mounted on a metal dash support, so the location is good for sensitivity.
thanks
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
there's two leds in the shock itself a green lights up and red when the shock senses an impact on the car. if you only see a red than you have a defective shock.
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure you have a DUAL stage sensor? if there is only one screw and one light, it might not be a dual stage, you might not even have a warn sensor, how many wires are comming out of the sensor? if it's 3 it's not dual stage..
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
There is only one red LED in the sensor, no other bulbs. There are three wires and a green one (fourth wire) that loops on one end and is just a wire with nothing on the end of it (still green wire). This is the only sensor that came with the alarm. it says on the box that it has a "Stinger® DoubleGuard® Shock Sensor".
Thanks
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  

Can you post a digital pic of the sensor.  I'm thinking that you might have been screwed on the sensor.  Did you buy it on flea-bay?  (just kidding, I buy lots of stuff from that slum -   :).

Seriously though, to me, it doesn't sound like a TWO stage sensor.  You have the right idea mounting it to something solid.  I'd recommend getting rid of the lock ties though.  Screw it in TIGHT as possible (without stripping) to the inside firewall of the car, down by the gas pedal (but out of the way).  This should pick up most shock.  If it's a single stage sensor, then set it as sensitive as possible and then test it over and over, and slowly adjust it back to where you want it.  I always don't mind having a few days or nights of falsing and adjust mine a little each day until I achieve the desired result.  I'd rather have mine a little too sensitive and catch a criminal in the act, than have it not be sensative enough.  We had someone do $1,200 damage to the passenger side handle of our car without the alarm going off.  This is why I went out and bought a Clifford AvantGuard 5.  Extremely sensitive Omnisensor with that.  It will pick up me lightly flicking the back bumper and the sensor is screwed into the firewall above the gas pedel with FOUR self tapping screws.  It picks up everything.  It started lightly raining out last night and my warn away buzzer kept growling.  Guess I'll have to adjust the sensitivity down a bit.  But it's great having such a sensitive shock sensor that I can make as sensitive as I want.

Good LUCK!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
if you do get a pic of it show me what you're talking about with that wire, is it possible that it got pulled out of the harness, maybe you should just go pick up another sensor, they are a dime a dozen, you can't honestly spend more then like 10 or 15 bucks on one, most shops probably have a few ones sitting around, i have like 3 layin around the shop..
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 8:13 AM / IP Logged  
i'll take a pic this afternoon and post it. thanks for all of the info so far. i didn't get it on ebay, i got it from an online store on yahoo shopping called electronics bonanza. the place is in NY somewhere and they already replaced the remote for me since the first one was cracked.
vt_hokie2008 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
look on the third page here here for pics of the sensor.
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic