the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 791xv, 2003 Mazda 6

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
what company's sensor is that? so it has a four wire plug, but the green wire goes to nothing and then theres a green loop on the sensor? that's strange, does the manual say anything about what the loop is for? like maybe you cut it and connect one side to the green wire? that's kinda nutty, anyone else seen this thing before?
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
bretbowman 
Copper - Posts: 156
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 1:13 AM / IP Logged  

This is a dual stage sensor with a wire that can be wired for dual stage or single stage full trigger, but by default is setup/configured for single stage (full alert only) - the green wire (warn away) loops back into to contact the blue full alert wire.

You need to cut the green loop that is located near the sensor end of the connection wire (so that it does NOT loop back into the blue side of the wire harness - just cut the loop is half, near the center) and connect the cut end to the loose green wire. 

The blue wire should be your full trigger alert.  The green wire (that currently connects to the blue wire at the sensor end of the connection wire harness) is triggering full trigger when it senses warn away shock.  By cutting/disconnecting this green wire from the blue wire and hooking it up the the green wire, you should have dual stage functionality.  You will then need to remount your shock sensor to a hard, SOLID surface (using screws is highly recommended) and retest and adjust your sensor's adjustment screw.

Note: I'd recommend cutting the looped green wire in the center so that if you want/need to reconnect it for any reason, you'll have at least a little wire to work with, and can always solder an extention on if need be.

Good luck!

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
Captanham 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  

if that green wire is just in with the blue then if it needed to be reconected he could just splice into the blue right? anyways that doesn't matter...

are these common, i have never seen one with the first zone tied into the second like that, that's really strange to me.. but i d k, maybe it's older or something, have you seen these a lot bret?

Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
vinman75 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
Viper reccomends that the shock sensor be mounted to a harness in the dash (more sensitive). 
bretbowman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  

I have not seen shock sensors that ship with these wires recently.  This type of jumpered wire is "pictured" on several DEI install manuals for audio and tilt sensors where two sensors share a single port plug, but you sacrifice two stage sensor to add the second sensor, then BOTH function as single stage, instant trigger sensors.  See following 506T manual as example:

http://directechs.com/guides/manuals/ig/accessories/N506T.pdf

In other words, you have a two stage shock sensor that plugs directly into your alarm, but you want to add an audio/glass break sensor.  You can toss the dual stage shock sense wire and use the wire that comes with the audio sensor that functions as a Y adapter and plug both the shock sensor AND the audio/glass sensor into the alarm brain in the same port.  At that point, both shock and audio sensors function as single stage/instant trigger sensors.

I don't think this is common and I don't think that this is the default shock sensor for the viper high end alarms.  This is why I was thinking that he got screwed on the sensor and someone slipped an older sensor (and sensor connection cable) into the box with his Viper alarm.  However, I'm not 100% sure on that.

2002 Toyota Sequoia Limited 2WD (Clifford G5 Avantguard 5 w/ 2 SmartWindows modules) - IT Engineer - NRA Life Member - LDS Return Missionary - Married for time AND ETERNITY - Eternally sealed family
bretbowman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  

You'll get the most sensitivity from the sensor if you mount it to a solid part of the firewall (with screws as TIGHT as you can get them - without stripping the holes out).

After I do this, I'll turn the sensitivity all the way up and then test and adjust the sensitivity down to reduce falsing.

A solid surface is going to, BY FAR, give you much greater sensitivity throughout the car.

Your sensor, by default, is wired as a single stage ONLY shock sensor.  YOu have to cut the green loop at the sensor end of the harness and wire pin 4 into the loose green wire that comes out of the alarm brain end of the harness to get dual stage functionality.

also, it is much easier if you stick to one post like bobk said.  You have several people trying to help you, but you're getting your notes scattered throughout the forum.  I'd recommend that you post and try to be patient while people check out what you've posted and take time to reply with reliable information that will help you.

I get pretty impatient myself waiting for an answer that I'd love to have RIGHT NOW on this forum, but understand that everyone is not on 24/7. 

Hope all goes well!

bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  

Try reading page 33 of the installation manual. It tells you what the green wire is for.

You can find the manual here

https://www.the12volt.com/uploads/files/791xvinstall.pdf

This are pretty common I installed a Hornet alarm/starter combo last weekend and  it came with the same sensor . I didn't use the green wire or cut the loop and both the warning and the trigger work.

In your case the sensor might be bad, but try mounting it to the steering column and see if that helps. Also make sure the zip ties(this things don't have holes for screws so you have to use ties) are tight

vlepouce 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
If the green wire is looped to the blue wire at the brain, then you will get both zones showing being tripped. The loop of green going to blue should be at the shock sensor end. The input is multiplexed and can read both the warn away and the full trigger. If the loop is at the brain, no warn away and you will see both zone 1 and zone 2 triggered on impact.
Had to learn this the hard way. I finally asked on this forum and someone explained that I had the harness backwards.
Good Luck
vt_hokie2008 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
i'll check to see which end the green loop is on when i get a chance. I think i put it on the sensor side, but I could be wrong. What sensor do I need to make it so if someone bumps my car (not slams into it) the warn away response will occur? Is there a shock sensor that sensitive or do I need a proximity sensor?   THANKS!
Captanham 
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
yea, most dual zones will do that, if you want it to pick up that easily you deffinitly need it to be tied down HARD to a steering colum or something like that, then you can turn the warn really sensitive and i'd put the trigger not to sensitive, but the thing would go nuts if it was windy or rained or anyone with a loud exhaust went by, it'd just be chirpin and chirpin at everything, haha,, people would really know you had an alarm tho
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
Page of 9

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic