icon

install audiovox keylessin 1998 dodge ram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
phoenixstar 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 1:43 AM / IP Logged  

I bought an audiovox AA-925 keyless entry and are having serious troubles finding a couple wires.  Cant find negative door sense input wire, parking light wire. or the door lock and unlock wires. Can anyone PLEASE help me find these wires. The color code diagram doesnt seem to help me either. It sasy alot of the stuff is in my kick panel and i couldnt find it.

floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 1:56 AM / IP Logged  
1998 Dodge RAM
Not to be mean or rude or anything. But I have to have the info posted here be wrong.
Double your info with this and try again.
phoenixstar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
What do you mean?  I followed the diagram thats on this site that tells me Parking lights are a BLACK / YELLOW wire above my brake pedal and i dont see that....and i dont see the ORANGE / purple and pink/purple wires or 10 pin connector in my drivers kick panel.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 25, 2005 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  

Door Lock wires are in Driver Kick Panel where they plug into boot that goes into door.  U can release boot on outside to unplug or try and unplug from inside.

Dome LightYELLOW (-)26 PIN CONNECTOR BEHIND DRIVER DASH
Trunk Pin Switch
Parking LampBLACK / YELLOW (+)74 PIN CONNECTOR BEHIND DRIVER DASH or LIGHT SWITCH
Power LockORANGE / VIOLET10 PIN CONNECTOR IN ACCESS
Power UnlockPINK/VIOLETHOLE IN DRIVER KICK PANEL.AT BOOT
Reversal Rest At Ground Door Locks

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
phoenixstar 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the help. I got it to where you press the button on the transmitter the lights will flash and horn will chirp......now im a little stuck on this reverse polarity thing....my kit came with a red ,RED / black, and green wire to hook up to the lock and unlock wires of the doors.....the kit has three wires and i have 4 wires i need to connect to....the manual mentions cars with a 4 wire reversed polarity and i think this could be me...and if i do fall under this category than i have to buy a relay?  any idea how to hook up a relay or have any idea if i need one?   And what type of relay do they make special ones for cars or AC or DC  voltages any help would be great..thanks!!!!!

phoenixstar 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:36 AM / IP Logged  
i have 4 wires the control my locking and unlocking of the doors.  2 orange /purple and 2 pick/ purple  and my module and a green red and a RED / black wire. My question is how is this suppose to be hooked up. Should i need a relay? If you have any info on this or kno what im talking about please help me. audiovox AA-925 is the set up i have.
phoenixstar 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
thats 2 pink/purple .  sorry

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic