icon

Remote start wont stay on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
disposablehero 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 1:26 AM / IP Logged  
I have the ungo ms2007 on my 96 chevy 1500 and the remote start will turn off after 2 seconds of being on. I have taken it back to the place that installed it and they worked on it for a couple of hours and couldn't figure it out. All the proper wires are connected and the installer seems to think that my secondary ignition wire is the cause because it has lesser current flowing through it with the ignition off. Once the ignition is on the volts are right. we tried the 2 different types of system monetering tach and smart sence but still the same problem. Any ideas.....
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Make sure PINK , WHITE , & ORANGE Ignition Wires are Powered UP in Remote Start...........Does the vehicle stay running if you Remote Start & turn the key to ON??
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like it has to be a tach or sense wire, does the installer do this kind of alarm a lot? did he program the learn if it needs it?
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2005 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh... the MS2007. A close realtion to the MS2005. Both are not the best starters out there. Seriously. I spent many many hours in conjunction with Clarion troubleshooting these things, so this is what I know:
1) Make sure you have a good ground. In tachless mode, you may also have better success running both the unit ground and the 12V out to the battery, fusing the 12v appropriately.
2) Use an injector is at all possible. It will be a simpler signal, and cleaner for the brain.
3) When you learn the tach, learn it for at least 15 sec. The more it samples, the better success you will have.
I seriously had a lot of issues with these things, mostly on GM 3.1L, 3.4L, and 2.2L on the Cav/Sunfire. The trucks weren't bad, but they had their moments as well once it got cold out. Fors and Dodges, they were fine, but it seemed most of the GM's we put them in seemed to reject them, for some reson the tach sense section of them is a little bit more than finicky.
HTH
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
disposablehero 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

mo12v wrote:
Make sure PINK , WHITE , & ORANGE Ignition Wires are Powered UP in Remote Start...........Does the vehicle stay running if you Remote Start & turn the key to ON??

It will stay on if I turn the key before it shuts off. How do you learn the tach wire? When the remote start is on the ignition wires are both on. When it is off there is a weak voltage until I start it with either remote or regular.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic