icon

Why Pionner don't have carrying case!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
I just got a bit annoyed this weekend when all the Pioneer headunit that I did has not got detachable face carrying case. Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image. I remember getting one when I own one of the Preimere series. What happen?     Did they ran out of plastic for the case or the cost when up so much that they didn’t think people will need them any more. DEH1700,2700 AVH-6500, 6500,p5700 etc… Some of these are $1000 unit and no carrying case Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image.???? Has sale been slow for Pioneer so they are resorting to this tactic hoping the customer will somehow damage the face and buy a new unit or get it stolen because they want people to leave the detachable face in the vehicle? Can some Pioneer dealer here enlighten me with this?
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Umm, I got one mith mine. DEH-7400MP. Course, that was 2 years ago. You want mine, I don't use it?
Paul
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
I've noticed the same thing with all the ones we are installing and it's pretty crazy to be honest.. No idea who's bright idea this was..
Mike
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 5:19 PM / IP Logged  
same goes here, but I have a pile of them from displays and such if someone asks for one I normally just give them one
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
midnight wolf 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2005 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Hey jeff do you happen to have one that will fit a face plate for a DEHP-4700MP? if you do it would be cool. Let me know? Thanks
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

Pioneer stopped putting faceplate cases in all their entry level models, I believe the 470mp and under.  They've done this for a couple of years now...

As for the monitors, I don't know why they scrapped the cases on those.

Muscle Cars Don't Just Look Good, But They Can Sound Good Too...
1971 Chevelle SS
12v_rep 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 7:33 AM / IP Logged  

My thought is that Pioneer mobile video units are only half-face detachable, therefore it doesn't make sense to produce a face plate case for them. And truth be told, most people don't use their cases anyway. Hell, most people don't detach their face anymore. I know I take my N2 face off, but usually hide it as opposed to carrying it.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
many manufacturers, not just Pioneer, have ceased including face cases for their entry level models..... it's just another way to get the price down....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2005 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  
I know exactly what you mean Kevin. Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image.
I have installed quite a bit of head unit so far and I have not come across too many manufacture beside PIONEER doing this in recent year. Avh-6500 &6600 $1000 unit, no case? I really want to know what kind of drug was available when these decisions were made. Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image. I was thinking maybe they were applying the Ferrari way of marketing. No cup holder because they want people to drive the car rather that crash the car.   With Pioneer, I guess they don’t want people removing the face because there is a chance that the detachable face might get damage. Instead, they rather have stereo thief removing it for them. Sad part about this is that Pioneer miss the part that Ferrari looks out for their customer well being. I am glad that top premium brand like LEGACY, PYLE, KOSS, and a few unrecognizable brands still offer the customer detachable face carrying case on their entire entry-level unit.   I love to be entertained, so if there are more people that would love to share their thought that would be great, especially if there are some manufacture here listening.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Why Pionner don't have carrying case! -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic