icon

2003 Chevy 2500 Pickup Remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
elighting 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  
I'm desperate.  I have hooked up remote start and have hooked up Passlock II bypass module but the truck still cranks but doesn't start.  ARe there any extra ignitions I need to hook up?  I have hooked up the pink, white, orange and brown.  Ive heard of Passkey 3 system, does anyone know if that is in this vehicle.  Thanks.
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
should be passlock2 do you have the tach hooked up???
elighting 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I hooked up to the white wire in the PCM on the left front engine compartment.  It has actually worked once or twice when I remote start it immediately after key starting, which led me to believe that I have a problem with the bypass module.  Would you happen to know if a DEI bypass module would work with a Crimestopper remote start?
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2002 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
I've had trouble with the 03 chevy also.. haven't quite figured it out yet.. but the old PLII stuff I've had didn't work either.. and it's not PLIII... PLIII is just a transponder in the key.. it will say PK3 on the key also if it was.. My customer plays baseball for montral and he hasn't been back in town for me to work on it and the dealership was rushing it.. I didn't get to work on it long... Didn't get to the key switch yet to see what it was.. it will have what version of Passlock on the modual at the keyswitch.. when, and if, I find somehting, will post it here..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
elighting 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2002 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

Just to let you guys know if you don't already.  In some GM's the passlock II wire is not ORANGE / black, but black.  There is an orange and black present, but it is not the correct wire, the black one is.  There are a couple of black wires present, but I was told that they are both for the same purpose so you can use either one.  I tied into the black wire for the passlock and the truck worked immediately.  I don't know if this is common knowledge for everybody, but it was news to me!  I spent 12 hours on an 03 chevy only to find out I had the wrong wire!  I also called 2 customer service reps and they didn't know/

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2002 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks.. will try that.. I saw a couple of black wires but didn't fool with them because I wasn't looking for black.. next time I was going to pull the whole column down and go directly to the PL module to see what I could do.. thanks
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2002 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  
i just got a "plgmd" i believe the part # from aamp it actually bypasses the passlock thru the databus instead of the passlock wires you hook it up like the jeep or new 03 doorlock module for the chevys. supposedly in about a month they will have a module that does doorlocks and passlock in one unit ....sweet time saver and best of all the customer will pay more just to save time on pulling all the door panels . it is going to be in the $40-$50 range from aamp i am told.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic