the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Searching

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Master Asylum wrote:
Power handling suggestions:
Adire Extremis 6.8: 40wRMS, possible to consider more if I wanna push, correct? (Each driver)
Tweeter/Mid: 50wRMS (each driver)
The 40w per 6.8 is if you are only using one amp, rated at 75x2, BUT my suggestion was a 4 channel at 4x50, bridged. This will give you approximately 100w per side.
Master Asylum wrote:
Assuming I got with the 2 4c amps of 50x each. And I do personally like linear design. Let me know if I got anything wrong. Thank you for the help!
What do you mean, "linear design"?
Master Asylum wrote:
One last note, sorry. Where exactly is this equipment obtainable? I mean some stuff is accessible through dealers and/or websites. BUt I have trouble finding a way to purchase the stuff like Adire and such with a support of their warranty.
As Steven said, you can buy the 6.8's at several places... See his post above.
The amps are available at Altomobile and are REALLY nice gear. Go setup a user name for their forum, and you can ask about and locate a local dealer that way. I could personally get you in touch with the SoCal dealer, but I believe they have exculsivity contracts, so if you are not in SoCal, you would not be able to buy from him anyway...
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  

Linear design, one side matches the other(the basic aesthetic application of two amps if you entirely disregard their purposes.) If you go with two amps of the same kind, it will visually be comparible to the look of one amp, (draw a line down the middle of the picture and both sides will either be exactly the same or fairly close) Two amps of different size/design/etc wouldn't similar. Atleast that is why I like the dual amp setup ignoring any real purposes like powering properly and such. Sorry, that was probably a little more elaborate than I shoulda went into that. Anyways.

Now one thing I wanna ask about the Alto ADP204, it says it has a frequency range of 50Hz to 500Hz, won't that considerably limit the ability to do highs? And more so, can someone explain to me the usual frequencies for what would be consider high/mid/low. I get that like 100-160 and below is usually a low setup. Other than that, I'm not really very sure as to what frequencies fit where, and where the human voice fits into that. Sorry, I just wanna make sure I know this well enough going into this project. I finally have that income thing again, so hopefully I can get going.

On a side note, I wanna go ahead and take an approach to obtaining the drivers right now while I wait for the amps. I'm considering this for the time being:

16-MCH13000 5c Amp (1110wRMS x 1 @ 1ohm + 75wRMSx4 @4ohm)

I'll go ahead and keep running the kicker subs for now until I get my interiors setup entirely. (I'm staging out my advancement, costing a little more by doing it but I am content.) Now looking at it I see it like this:

Now all these drivers are 8 ohm impedance if I understand correctly(Please let me know if I'm wrong.) Now higher impedance means lower power if I understand it correctly. (Ohm's law and such). So 75/2(roughly) would be like 37.5wRMS(again, roughly) that would successfully be powered to say the Extremiis 6.8 and the Morel Tweeter, which it should handle fine, correct? It won't be like killer loud, but it'll work. Atleast for now. Then I have the Eclipse 8454 that puts out somewhere under 18wRMS. If I use that to power my Mids, would this all theoretically work or is there something I have overlooked. (Though I'm not sure how I'd set the cross over for all of these, and I would believe that I'd need a crossover for the midrange as well.) If anyone reading this needs more detail I'll gladly provide. I'd just like to work my way up like this:

Stage 1: Replace Stock HU (DONE when car was bought, an old Pioneer Premier HU)

Stage2: Replace interior speakers (Man I really do wish I had just went towards the higher end of this with seperates) DONE
Stage 3: Amp/Subs+Interiors DONE
Stage 4: Upgrade Interiors to best sound reproduction level(Front Imaging/more accurate) Underway
Stage 5: Upgrade Sub for SQ+booming, best sound dampening processes Coming Soon(Hah)

I like this approach for most people to start, but damn, I definitely learned that Stage 2 can be bipassed or switched if the personally really wants the best experience. It also helps to be involved enough to be able to do your own searching/kick panel design/etc. I'm learning how to do some of this, but man, the options for most people in real life(atleast here) don't go this extreme.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 9:53 AM / IP Logged  
....perhaps "symetrical" would serve as a better definition of what you described...
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Master Asylum 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, that's what I meant. Good lord, my brain is slowly shutting down. Dammit, I need to get a job doing something more than delivering pizzas, it really makes you shut down. Maybe BB will be an option today, weee. Thanks for the fix there steve
1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
Master Asylum 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 7:45 AM / IP Logged  

Anyone able to give some insight to my "latest" post please?

Can I or can I not run of the HU and current amp? If yes, can someone go over it and make sure I have the right idea. If not, can someone explain why, would great appreciate that.

What about the 8 ohm impedance, did I grasp that correctly?

Also, anything on the frequency questions?

Thanks for the time!

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic