icon

viper 791xv, trunk pop and more

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mediashock 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, I installed about three or 4 alarms in the past and never a viper. this is the first time and its on my car. (sunfire 2000)

I am having problems with 1. trunk pop, i have a relay on it like it shows in the book and when i press the AUX button, nothing happens, the trunk poper works fine. 2. not used to viper alarms but i was tapping the car and making the warnings go on, should the car page me the warnings? it doesent right now, but when i open the door or leave the door open it lets me know on the pager.. so there is 2 way comm.

3. For the starter do i need any additional relays? also there is a THICK greeen fused wire that i need to hook up to STARTER KILL(keyside) i have no clue where that is on sunfire 2000.. please if you know please let me know.

thanks a lot.

mediashock 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

well basicaly, i connected the heavy gauge connector.. but didnt touch this one do i need this one connected?  do i need to buy a relay?

1 PINK/WHITE 200 mA (-) PROGRAMMABLE IGN2/ACC2 RELAY TURN ON

2 YELLOW (+) IGNITION INPUT TO ALARM
3 PINK (-) 200 mA IGNITION RELAY TURN-ON
4 ORANGE (-) 200 mA ACCESSORY RELAY TURN-ON
5 PURPLE (-) 200 mA STARTER RELAY TURN-ON
6 ORANGE / BLACK (-) ANTIGRIND/GROUND WHEN ARMED OUTPUT
7 BLUE (-) 200 mA STATUS OUTPUT

Calgarysouth 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

okay....that ribbon cable is what triggers the relay pack.....one side plugs into the relay pack, and the other side to the brain.....

the heavy green wire requires that you cut the factory crank wire and connect that green wire to the keyside of the crank wire.....purple goes to the car side....

mediashock 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  

bobk - i stated all the info.. car is sunfire 2000+ , viper 791xv is the alarm. I connected a relay to my truck pop like the manual said.. :(

Calgarysouth - i am not sure what u mean by relay pack the heavy gauge thing? or do i need to add more?

please take a look at the image i posted.. that is what i am having probs with.

thanks  a lot, i appriciate it.

viper 791xv, trunk pop and more -- posted image.

Calgarysouth 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  

okay bud, first thing you should do before you attempt ANY install like this for the first time.  READ ALL the instructions.  I will give Viper that.  Their manuals are incredibly detailed.  For example, you will find that the WHITE/ blue wire on H1 would be for if you are using a timer module or something like that to trigger the starter.

the BLACK/ white wire goes to one side of that toggle switch that was in the box, and the other side goes to ground. 

you will also notice that the first connector you are having problems with has two plugs on it right?  one on each end?

i am sure that's the one that you are talking about.  one side of it plugs into the brain, and the other side plugs into the relay satellite pack that all those heavy gauge wires are coming out of.

mediashock 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

bobk - its auto trans.. and also yes i had an alarm in the before .. just a standard (non 2way one)  and i was using a replay to pop the trunk.. i did it as the manual says.. i dunno if the remote is programmed wrong? hmmm

Calgarysouth - whats the netrual switch for? i found in one  wiring diagram that my car has a netrual switch but it says yellow wire in the main harness. there is about 6 thin yellow ones. also the first connector plugs into the heavy gauge connector but also the wires just hang..it dosent plug into the brain.. just into the heavy harness and the other side is not a connector.. just all the wires.. so do they need to attach anywhere.. because the other starters ive installed they just have the heavy wires and thats it.

thanks,..

Calgarysouth 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2005 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

neutral switch is for the ability to turn the starter on and off

if i were you i would pull out the whole thing, put it on your bench, plug EVERYTHING in so you can see how it works and then start from scratch...

or even better, why are you beating yourself up here....just get someone to do it for you

mediashock 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  

ok..

on the first two connectors on the image i posted.. do i need a relay for either one? or no

I have the heavy gague connections hooked up to starter side, except the green "keyside" one... and non of the thin wires from the first connector

Calgarysouth 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

okay....how long have you been trying to put this into your 2000 sunfire for?

here it is....those heavy gauge wires have a connector on them...that plugs into this little black box which is not the brain.......that is the relay satellite......the relay satellite then plugs in via the primary connector to the brain....

seriously man, read the back of the install manual.....

is this your first time putting an alarm/starter in??  

mediashock 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

no.. i know that.. thats already hooked up

there is MORE wires that hook up to the relay satellite... the first harness thats on the image hooks to the relay satellite and those wires just hang.. they are pretty short... do i hook those up to the heavy gauge wires?

everything is hooked up except the starter and trunk pop...

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic