Astra 777 Door lock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Shrinktube4.0 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
There's nothing special about it to hook it up to a 92' ford ranger
4.0 fuel injected?pretty much straight foward regular instal.
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
There's nothing special about it to hook it up to a 92' ford ranger
4.0 fuel injected?pretty much straight foward regular instal.
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
Scytek does deal with the public if some one has any problems with their alarms.Only when you use their 1-888??????? number
they will answer any of your question(s) you and give you a fix for problem. They have done this for me several times. their 800 number is only for buying their products only.
Shrinktube4.0 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, here’s an update on my situation on the ScyTek Astra777 I finally received my replacement a new 777 so I benched test it using a power supply since i was having door lock problems along with some other minors Problems i was having. So know the new one really works quite well. I really like this alarm, it performed really well. So far It working of my psu for the last hour or so.
There is one Real problem; it’s the wiring diagram in the astra’s product manual And there’s no difference from their online PDF file when you download it.
When you go by that wiring diagram it simply won’t work [at least in my case it didn’t] and can possible fry your alarm brain and fry the innards of your actuators at the same time. ScyTek hasn’t changed that wiring diagram to reflect the right set-up when wiring Relays. I called them up and they gave me a different wiring diagram for relays that are For after market, with no kit, no switches, just the standard two wire hook up lock and unlock. So there you have it and wondering why your is not working check this out:
Run separate power for each Relay> Pin87 and 85 12volt 10amp..Pin 87a Ground..Pin 30 to Actuator… Pin 86 to alarm brain.
So if all you have is standing alone actuators, then wire it above to avoid any problems:
Did I simply get a lemon? When hooking it up like the product manual suggested, did that screw up the alarm? once i wired the new astra 777 differently than supposed to the product manual book it all went perfect. Go figure. What do you all think? But anyways just incase some one sees this, hope it helps you out. Thanks for all the input….help
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2005 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
No Problem man.  glad to hear i have one that i might try get done today or tomorrow. nice unit and nice brain size. 

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic