icon

window roll up down honda civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tetsuo73 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2005 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  

I just got a window roll up/down module.  I only have 2 windows in the car.

This is a module from Asianwolf.com  I followed the spec and it should roll up and down both windows.  Problem I am having is that when armed the driver window rolls up all the way first, the the passager window rolls up only 1/3 at a time.  So another word I would have to unarm and arm the alarm 3 times in order for the passager window up roll up all the way.  It is the same when I tried to roll down both windows.  Driver side will go down all the way first, than the passager side goes down 1/3 of the way down.  I believe I have the wires correctly...  Could it be a bad moudle?  And shouldn't BOTH window roll up or down at the same time??

Thanks

dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 6:14 AM / IP Logged  
there are a setting on the module that you have to play around to make the windows work properly just read the instructions
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
dare_ds69 
Silver - Posts: 419
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 6:17 AM / IP Logged  
honda windows are s.... you may need to spray silecone that helps a lot
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
tetsuo73 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  

The windows are working.  I can roll it up or down via the window switch.  It just won't roll up the passager side all the way only 1/3 at a time.  So it is not a problem with the windows not working.

As far as the setting on the module that's my problem there is none.  There is no switch or jumpers to set. 

tetsuo73 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  

both windows goes up and down at the same time (With engine running or not) the tracks don't need any oil.  The window motors are fine.  They both go up and down at the same time when I am using the window switches on the driver side panel.  My problem is when trying to roll up the window with the alarm.  That is when driver side roll up first than the passager side rolls up 1/3 of the way and stops.  I have to keep hitting disarm than rearm 3 times in order for the passager windown to roll up 100% ONLY using the alarm.

tetsuo73 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  

Well I think I have two ways I can go to solve the problem.

1) I buy another window module and hope it is a bad window module. 

2) I can try to run the wires all the way into the passager window motor directly??

vseth 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
Try flipping the wires, connect the driver's side to the passenger, and vice-versa. If you see the same problem, i.e. passenger side window rolls up completely, and only one-third on the driver's side, it might be the rollup-module.
tetsuo73 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry.  The model is a 2003 Honda Civic EX 2 doors.  The alarm I have is the Astra 777 and the window roll up module from Asianwolf.com along with all the relays I got from them.

The alarm is working fine without any problem. 

I will try flipping the wires and connect the driver side to the passenger side and vice versa and see what that does.

But overall shouldn't the window roll up module roll up BOTH windows together at the same time?  It does not make sense it roll up one window at a time.

vseth 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

I've just ordered a window-closer for my alarm system, rolls just one way - up, it clearly specifies that the timer relays in the module will rollup the four windows sequentially. So it looks like, sequential window roll up/down is not that rare.

This might be done due to the current drain as most window modules end up being connected to the 12v constant wire in the ignition harness ( same as the alarm/starter system ), but that's just a guess.

accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
what kind of window module did u get??? dei 530t or 529t the 530t there's dip switches on the side that u have to play with in order to adjust the windows i did my 98 4 door accord and i used 2 dei 530t's and i played around with the dip switches and it works great try that first that might be your problem. i think that for the deivers side u have to dip switches set to high and the passenger to low try playing with then it will work
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic