icon

Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Newbein 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
advice please, I just picked up a pair of S15L7's, and I have not desided on the type of box to build, kicker has some specs on their site but it seems that no one has used them so I'm a bit worried about going out and spending money on somethng that I can not get any info on. Has anyone built a box using kicker specs? I plan on doing some comp this year and I would like to hit the ground running, not falling on my face the first time out! advice please
NewbeinKicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image. Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image. Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image. Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image.
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
hey go to kicker website and there is manuals that use to be just for dealers. there they have the cut sheets for you. I recommend building the biggest vented box possible for your application. If you plan on going to comp then you have to go vented. just make sure that you have a subsonic filter set to 25 hz or its gonna sound like s$%! trust me you wont be sorry.
http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html
Newbein 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2005 at 11:55 PM / IP Logged  
ok, I'll give it a try. say, how will these boxes sound for eveyday music? I would hate to have to build 2 sets of boxes! MDF costs a lot here in Japan!Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image.
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
okay the vented boxes are very good for music that has alot of deep notes like rap and hip hop. But if you listen to alternative R&B then dont go with vented you wont like the bass. the vented box only plays frequency 25hz-60hz or so. you'll be missing alot of notes. I recommended the vented box for you because you said you were gonna go to comps.For everyday music just go with the biggest sealed box possible for your application.good luck
riceman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
take a look at this forum.
http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=forum;f=60
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
or you can still go with your vented box and just install a kill switch (just mount a switch on the remote wire form the HU to the amp) or get a bass control knob. Those will let you keep whatever bass setup you have for comp in the car while still using for everyday use. BTW, why are you in japan? Marine or Air Force?
Newbein 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
bro,
I'm in japan because its a beautiful place, I was in the military, after I finished, I got married and desided to stay here. Now about the kill switch?? I don't understand the usage your talking about. please explain a little bit more.Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image.
mi_what 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah, I got out of Korea about a year ago. Go to an automotive store and buy a switch (any like you'd find in a car; normally found at like Autozone, advance auto, or discount auto but I don't think they have those in Japan.) then all you would do is place it on the remote wire running from the Head Unit to the Amp. I'll include a drawing of what I mean.
mi_what 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
Kicker S15L7 sub enclosures yea or nea? -- posted image.
This is what I was talking about...I drew lines from the remote wire to the switch. so really all you're doing is breaking the circuit between the CD player and the Amplifier.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 10:46 AM / IP Logged  
Then he would either have a comp setup or no setup at all. I think the bass knob is easiest answer here.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic