icon

Diamond Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zezebiah 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys I have a friend who is wanting to sell me his diamond audio amp, I havent heard it hooked up but if i remember correctly diamond is one of the higher end brands. Or was one of the higher end brands. The amp model is D3400.2 and it puts out 400watts rmsX1. My question is are diamonds products still high quality and does anyone have experience with their stuff? The amp only has 10 hrs on it and he wants $100 for it... Seems pretty fair from what i've seen on ebay.
vinspo 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  

That is one of Diamonds entry level amplifiers. I have not personally had any experience with this line, but I have owned both the D5 and D7 lines of amplifiers without any kind of disappointments. They are very clean and well built  amps, just a little on the spendy side. That sounds like a good price for that amp.

zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 12:14 AM / IP Logged  
Alright so diamond still makes good stuff... thats what i was looking for. Anyone with experience with this line of amps i would be glad to hear. I've pretty much made up my mind I just didnt want to get screwed, so thanks.
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 3:32 AM / IP Logged  
I have a pretty good amount of experience with diamond and have never been disappointed, even with their d3 line.  I say go for it.
Muscle Cars Don't Just Look Good, But They Can Sound Good Too...
1971 Chevelle SS
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
i have a d5 series amp running our high's in our vehicle and it is very nice.     very very clean amp
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2005 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
So Diamond is more of a SQ amp rather than SPL? I am looking for a combination of both but if it doesnt end up sounding great with my subs then I'll hook it up to my components.
Lthlquicksilver 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  

the d9 series is their spl series, and partially their d6 line, but as for the d3s, yes they are just for SQ and not SPL.

Muscle Cars Don't Just Look Good, But They Can Sound Good Too...
1971 Chevelle SS
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
well i thought that the d7 line was primarily for sq and their d3 line was their entry level stuff so a lil of both sq and spl right? regardless i think you will be satisfied.
blah blah blah blah
zezebiah 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 3:06 AM / IP Logged  
Ya for the money i cant complain, i would expect to pay that much for a decent ebay amp. Diamond is higher quality stuff and it still has almost all of its warranty as well. With only 10hrs on it you cant beat the price. They go for 150-170 on ebay w/o shipping.
On a side note, any good recomendations for either 2 10's or a 12 to pair up with this amp. Something that will give me decent SPL as well as good quality sound. I'm driving an SUV now and dont have the "Back seat buffer" that i once had.
spootydlux4 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2005 at 3:15 AM / IP Logged  
adire shiva
blah blah blah blah
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic