icon

New DEI Responder alarms

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I will probably get everything installed together becuase it would be easier also to hide all the wiring, and it may be cheaper also...........I would go to the same guy anyway though.

Would you guys reccomend Circuit City though, or should I try a car audio shop.........there is one here that may be an authorized DEI dealer, not sure yet though..............I don't know if we have any other DEI authorized dealers up here (Binghamton, NY). There are several that are about an hour away though......(Syracuse NY).

Please post some advice/tips on installation though, I want the best install possible with the best security. I will have all connections soldered..............anything else I should worry about?

What are some excellent places to mount the brain so it cannot be found?

Thanks.

djfearny2 
Silver - Posts: 810
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
to tell you i am an autherized die mecp cert installer i have the viper 790vx or xv whatever in my car it has everything. i roll windows up and down . remote start proximity sensor,shock sensor, lift tilt mercury sensor all tied in to the car and its perfect the remote on the other hand can be better . the tones cant be changed like the audiovox 2 way and it does not have time date etc. but it does have a good light and vibration alert as well. to tell you most shops get this for 135 or thats what i paid .. another good thing is the range. boy o boy this thing works far. the antenna is a little bulky not fat but long . but very skinny and not hard to hide., circut city most of those kids dont know anything so if your gona spend the money go to a shop and ask for an mecp certified installer to do your alarm.
Jon
Installer/Help Technician
---coral springs florida---
mecp certification is not always needed. I have it and it has not helped me out at all. my experience out shines it.
Oc768 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

whatever you do, MECP or not - avoid circuit city @ all costs.  I can't speak for all of em - but at least in my area they pick up all the scraps that the custom shops dont want.  The custom shops buisness is mad crazy but they're making cuts...so go figure...

Me personally - got sent out of town last year for a few months and bought a truck about 14 hours before I was supposed to leave (I was oncall...long story) but basically the dealer did me a "favor" and had c*rcuit c*ty put in a Viper (350? I think) for me on short notice.   Its a long story but ultimately they (dealer) owed me keyless and a factory system - but it wasnt installed in the truck as they said it was etc. etc. so to appease me (and without my knowing) had the V put in. 

I came home to a good remote entry system basically.  The jacka55es @ c*rcuit c. told me it was all set, then after I showed them how I could arm it, unlock the passenger door and get in - close it, with no alarm going off and the system armed...they agreed to fix it.  I just had to schedule an appointment...and the wait was about 6 buisness days since they were busy. So customer service is important for HOW long? oh..till they get your $, I see.   

That alone pretty much sold me on never speaking to them again.  I took the whole 45 minutes, and just fixed it myself..

btw - what website are you getting your DEI pricing from? 

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
FYI, I work for Circuit City, and I know someone's going to think I'm just putting myself up, but C.C. is among the best at installing non-custom products (alarms, remote starts, radios, simple amp and subs).  We also have a lifetime warranty on our labor, and (at least in the Pgh. area) do all fixes on labor before any other cars in the shop.  I wouldn't recommend us if you want a fiberglass amp rack, multiple batteries, etc., but we get plenty of training and tech support for DEI products.  If you're having problems with the circuit in your area GhettoBass, let me know - I might be able to tell a couple people and get it straightened out.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 12:58 AM / IP Logged  

Jon,

You only paid $135 for the Viper790xv? Do you think you could hook me up with that deal? You live in NYC.........that's about 4 hours away from me, I'm upstate..........or maybe you would be willing to help me out with my install if that's possible and hook me up?

Oc786,

Your experience with CC sounds like a horror story...........that just sucks..........I have also heard good experience with CC, so now I am not sure what to think...........I hope nothing like that happens with me.

Chris,

I have been told by almost everyone I have talked to (installers from online and forums) that they would not reccomend CC, and that just because an installer is MECP cert, that does not make him good........experience makes someone good.......and most of the installers at CC are kids that don't know anything. Now how should I go about finding out if the installers who would be doing my alarm at CC are good or not? And whether or or not they are experienced? I do not want to go through the hassle of having to have my install re-done or going back to complain something doesn't work.

For my security system I was planning to get alot of extra sensors, modules, extra sirens, backup batt, extremely well hidden brain location, and possibly an "open" starter kill and ign kill and fuel pump kill using relays..............and I want my connections to be soldered, and all wiring to be hidden and disguised like factory. Do you think CC would be competent enough to do an install like this very well?

No, I am not currently having any problems with my local CC, but I haven't had my alarm installed yet......thanks for the offer, I will take you up on that if I need to. Can you also somehow can me a discount there?New DEI Responder alarms - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Just ask the people at your local shop how long they've been doing that kind of stuff for.  We can do an install like that, but be prepared to leave the vehicle for a day.  Emphasize that you're more concerned with the quality of the install than getting it done in 1 hour like a simple alarm.  All our connections are soldered as a matter of course, so that's no more work for us.  The main thing I can tell you is to be really clear about all this when you're talking to the installers. 
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2002 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Ghetto,

I use to work for C.C. You have to be MECP certified. On the other hand like it was mentioned before experience is what counts not a piece of paper. Now as far as C.C.'s around here they have to solder all connections. If one is found not to be soldered that person would be fired. Again that is with the C.C.'s around here. Now as far as hidding the wires as you would want them and as they should be they are less likely to do that sue to the time involved according to them. They hide everything under the driver dash. Now for B.Buy they do not use solder, they use b connectors. They cut corners everyway. I had someone come to me not to long ago to check their work, needless to say it was a mess. Now I could not touch it because of their warranty that if anything is touch warranty is dead. Just a little advice from my end over here. Unknown from anywhere else, although it may differ but not down here. Best thing to ask C.C. is if they will hide the wires and all where if you were to look under the dash you will not find the brain or any wires.  Ask alot of questions and be comfortable before you let your ride into someone else's hand.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic