93 cadillac sts, Clifford g5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  
1049.pdf
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.93 cadillac sts, Clifford g5 - Page 2 -- posted image.
rob1sfc 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  

Hello.  I am having my friend wire my cadillac 93 sts with a clifford g5 concept 550.  We were trying to wire it in to the factory alarm but the two keep quarreling.  Is there any way to make the two interface that would be very easy such as any modules out there?  Is this possible?  Also, if we could not do it, we were going to  bypass it.  What would I do with the factory alarm if I wanted to bypass it.  Is simply turning it off sufficient or does it need to be completely disconnected somehow? 

Thanks, ROB..

rob1sfc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, thepencil, thanks for the reply. Do I still need that part to do this (Part #: 652T resistor pack )?  I thought it was only if you had remote start which I do not.  Do I need this part still?
Pearl96Max 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  
rob1sfc wrote:
Hey, thepencil, thanks for the reply. Do I still need that part to do this (Part #: 652T resistor pack )?  I thought it was only if you had remote start which I do not.  Do I need this part still?
Its only used to bypass the VATS when doing remote start
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
NO, one relay and some resistor is all that need. The what ever pack just refers to a bunch of time saving resistor where you don't have to look all over the place for the perfect resistor. Pretty straight foward thing to do anyway if you got lots of time in your had. Meter the resistence, get it as closely match as possible and you should not have any problem.
To make the story short. Go here and follow the instruction. If you still haven't got it come back and ask your questions if you are not sure about something.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.93 cadillac sts, Clifford g5 - Page 2 -- posted image.
rob1sfc 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 2:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you...
rob1sfc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

Hello.  I have a Clifford G5 Concept 550 being installed into a 93 Cadillac STS.  My friend is hooking up the alarm for me.  For some reason, the trunk input (ZONE 5) keeps tripping about 20 seconds after the alarm is armed weather its connnected or not.  We were thinking that maybe we just need to connect the trunk trigger input wire for it to stop but when we did connect it, it made no difference, in fact the alarm tripped right away.  My friend said that it should not be tripping if it's not hooked up.   He said its seeing a negative and it's not event hooked up.  Everything else is hooked up and is functioning fine except for door triggers and the dome light which aren't hooked up yet .  We temporarily connected the dome light wire to see if that made a difference but it didn't.  What should I do????

Thanks.. ROB  93 cadillac sts, Clifford g5 - Page 2 -- posted image.

Oh yeah, is there a way to set the alarm to it's defaults? I see it in the users programming features grid but I didn't see it in the installers programming features grid which led me to believe that you could only reset the users programmable features and not the installers.  Maybe I'm wrong. Get it?  Anyone??.....

rob1sfc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone?? Please help. I swear, this is the last time I ever go to anyone other than a professional to do my alarm. It's been like a month and a half now and we're almost done. I just need to solve this issue then the alarm will stablize.
rob1sfc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not gonna get any help if you move my "NEW POST" to an "OLD one".  Usually people dont read the entire thing, they just read the first few posts. 

They're not going to see the new problem that I'm experiencing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE TRUNK TRIGGER KEEPS TRIPPING WEATHER IT'S CONNECTED TO THE BRAIN OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!93 cadillac sts, Clifford g5 - Page 2 -- posted image.

wirewise 
Moderator - Posts: 489
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
rob1sfc, you've posted several topics on this same install. The members that will help you will read the entire thread and many have followed it through it's progression. It takes much longer to search for your threads to keep up with this install than it does to read this entire thread, so please help us help you by continuing to post any questions you may have about this install in this thread.
~wirewise~
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic