icon

OEM Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bdower1183 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

So, I'm still learning electrical stuff and this place is perfect for me! But I had a question about replacement OEM Wiring harnesses. Back in early March I bought a 1989 Volvo 780 coupe, REALLY sweet car but the previous owner had put in a junk CD Player. The car comes with an amp and equalizer that weren’t being used by the CD Player so I wanted to put the tape deck back into the car. Also because I could use my MP3 CD Player though it.

So I pulled the CD Player out and whoever had done the wiring, instead of getting a $5 Crutchfield adapter kit just cut the wires for the connections coming from behind the dash and spliced into that. So being the idiot I am though, I’ll just splice back into it and all will be well. Yeah, well, not so much, like I said, I’m still learning. So to make a long story short, can you buy the connectors that the tape deck would plug into so I can just splice that back together and click in the connectors? And if so, is that something I’d have to go to the dealer for or would a regular place have those.

I hope my question makes sense, any light anyone can shed on this would be most appreciated as I have an hour and 20 minute commute with no radio, at all.

There are 3 things I never discuss, Politics, Religion and the Great Pumpkin
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
Check here. I think you car may be listed.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp
Paul
bdower1183 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, that'll help, I had hoped I could buy the original plug somewhere to wire back in so everything clicked in instead, it looks a lot like this;

OEM Wiring -- posted image.

itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 6:00 AM / IP Logged  

Someone cut the harness in my 1989 Toyota pickup, but I was able to get the plug from Metraonline.com.

I did not see one listed for your car. You may try another aftermarket manufacturer, or find the same car in the junk yard and cut the plug from it.

itmdtr
bdower1183 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2005 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

Great! Thanks itmdtr, I will definately look into that. unfortunately my car is hard to run across and I haven't seen any in a junk yard around me but I did find a site I can search salvage yards across the US with, that's how I found one of my rims finally.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic