icon

Trunk Release wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
celizondo 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 11:58 AM / IP Logged  

I installed power trunk already and want to connect it to my alarm.  The alarm is a Concordia A-88 alarm with a positive output for the trunk release.  Am I going to need a relay to wire it together.  I do not think there is enough power to pop the trunk with the alarm itself.

I have a  couple of diagrams that picked up off a search on here, but don't know which ones to try out.

85,87-12volts

86-alarm

30-solenoid

or

85-12volts

86-alarm

87-ground

30-trunk wire

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pearl96Max 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
if your alarm has a 12V output, but not enough power then you need to 'step it up' using:
87 12V
86 Ground
85 input from alarms trunk release
30 output to your trunk release solenoid
celizondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

thanks you 2.  Trunk Release wiring -- posted image.

i'll give it a try as soon as the sun goes down a little.  the 100+ weather sucks down here. 

celizondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2005 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  

for whatever reason, i couldn't get this thing to work.  here's the diagram...i may be reading it wrong, but i can't get the trunk to work.

Trunk Release wiring -- posted image.

on the blue/black wire, it says +12V output.

celizondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

i installed an electric trunk popper.  the solenoid is grounded in the trunk area and i ran the positive wiring to the inside.  i was connecting 87 to the + of the solenoid. 

i tried wiring it both ways and got no result.  right now i'm going to check to see if there is any power at all coming out of the trunk wire from the alarm.  when i press the trunk button on the remote, the little light doesn't turn on.  do you think i may have to reset this thing somehow?

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
you will have to tell how you wired the solenoid. the lads gave you the right instructions. have you got a positive or negative switch on the solenoid..
also have to seen the solenoid working. you could try swapping the + and - on the solenoid.
what we need to know is..
E.g.   i mounted the solenoid and earthed it in the boot on a solid ground (test the ground).   then i ran the positive down from the cab.( do you have it on a switch too. if so what did you power the switch off.
Give us a breakdown of what you done so far it'll take you a few mins to write and once we have all the info them we can help you instead of us just stabbing at possible solutions...
celizondo 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

not sure if it makes a difference, but the trunk popper has it's own switch in the inside.  i have the alarm spliced in before it gets to the switch, on the + side of the solenoid.

should it go on the solenoid wire or the + of the switch that runs to the battery?

Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
on the wire coming from the switch to the solenoid tap into it but use the relay like above to amplify the =+ ouput from the alarm
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
on the wire coming from the switch to the solenoid tap into it but use the relay like above to amplify the =+ ouput from the alarm
Powermyster 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2005 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
good thinking bobK i never thought of the alarm myself he should test the output..
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic