icon

VSS & Brake solution '04 Sienna

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afterburner1 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2005 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  

Any interesting schematic for vss and brake wiring cut-out may be found at http://www.rocoto.com/siennamods/body_dvd_mod.html.

I planned to do this modification on my 2005 Lexus RX 330, but found the wiring color code is different from the Sienna. If you could provide me with the proper color code for my vehicle, i would be very appreciative.

Would be interested in any stories related to this installation.

afterburner
dasadler 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 12:05 AM / IP Logged  

I would be very interested in this project.  If you find a wirong diagram for the RX-330, please post the source.

Do you intent to place an on/off switch inline with the VSS signal?

afterburner1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

If you are planning to make this modification to use the nav display as a dvd player. It won't work if you use the OEM player. As far as I could determine it will not read a commercial DVD, If you find otherwise let me know. I posted the following on The Lexus Club site and have not received any replies:

"On the RX330, 2005, Multi Display, pin 7, purple (not purple and white) is known as the "data link" on the wiring drawing on p. 382, LEXUS Navigation System and LEXUS Parking Assist This is the only line that I can find that might carry the VSS signal. All that I want to do is have the option to program the system without stopping the car! If I clip this wire I plan to put a switch in series to return to normal operating mode. Any one got any Ideas on this modification?

I really need to find the VSS signal."

Would appreciate a reply from 12 volt member(s) 

TUVM

afterburner
afterburner1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 9:27 AM / IP Logged  

If you are planning to make this modification to use the nav display as a dvd player. It won't work if you use the OEM player. As far as I could determine it will not read a commercial DVD, If you find otherwise let me know. I posted the following on The Lexus Club site and have not received any replies:

"On the RX330, 2005, Multi Display, pin 7, purple (not purple and white) is known as the "data link" on the wiring drawing on p. 382, LEXUS Navigation System and LEXUS Parking Assist This is the only line that I can find that might carry the VSS signal. All that I want to do is have the option to program the system without stopping the car! If I clip this wire I plan to put a switch in series to return to normal operating mode. Any one got any Ideas on this modification?

I really need to find the VSS signal."

Would appreciate a reply from 12 volt member(s) 

TUVM

afterburner

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic