icon

2001 Silverado, 10 minute delay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 3:44 AM / IP Logged  
Ever since I got my alarm installed my 10 minute key out of ignition delay doesnt work. Its supposed to leave the radio on for 10 minutes but it doesnt shut off ! Not until I open the door or hit the foglight button  which is weird 2001 Silverado, 10 minute delay? -- posted image.! Just wondering if anyone knows what wire controls this? Thanks!
shesaidshewas18 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 6:18 AM / IP Logged  

From my knowledge, your Silverado's radio is NOT supposed to stay on for 10 mins after you take out your key?! I work at a Chevy dealership, and I can guarantee you that NONE of there cars or trucks' radios stay on for 10 mins after you remove the key. The only way to make the radio stay on is if you had the car running, or left the key in the "ACC" position, and if you remove your key while the doors are closed, then the radio should stay on. Im not sure for how long, but as soon as you open any door (While the key is out after you removed it when the doors are closed) your radio turns off.

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
shesaidshewas18 wrote:

From my knowledge, your Silverado's radio is NOT supposed to stay on for 10 mins after you take out your key?! I work at a Chevy dealership, and I can guarantee you that NONE of there cars or trucks' radios stay on for 10 mins after you remove the key. The only way to make the radio stay on is if you had the car running, or left the key in the "ACC" position, and if you remove your key while the doors are closed, then the radio should stay on. Im not sure for how long, but as soon as you open any door (While the key is out after you removed it when the doors are closed) your radio turns off.

Right, thats what I said my radio stays on for longer than 10 minutes or until I open a door or hit the foglight button for some weird reason. Trying to figure out what wire controls the 10 minute key outta ignition delay, cause I really like the feature and it stopped workin' after my alarm was installed! Thanx!

oldsaint 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

Slammed01 I would first check ALL the features of your alarm. If everything was hooked up correctly it shouldn't have interfered with any factory features. If something is not working correctly then that's usually whats causing the problem with the car. If that dosen't get you anywhere check where the door trigger wire is connected. If they used a different wire for each door and didn't diode isolate them this will cuase a problem. If I remember correctly there is a light under the dash that comes on when the doors are open it has a white wire and a orange wire, orange is constant pwr +, white is neg - when doors are open if thats there hook your neg trigger from the alarm to the white wire and you should be ok.

As always check your wire with a meter before you connect them to the alarm.

HTH

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
oldsaint wrote:

Slammed01 I would first check ALL the features of your alarm. If everything was hooked up correctly it shouldn't have interfered with any factory features. If something is not working correctly then that's usually whats causing the problem with the car. If that dosen't get you anywhere check where the door trigger wire is connected. If they used a different wire for each door and didn't diode isolate them this will cuase a problem. If I remember correctly there is a light under the dash that comes on when the doors are open it has a white wire and a orange wire, orange is constant pwr +, white is neg - when doors are open if thats there hook your neg trigger from the alarm to the white wire and you should be ok.

As always check your wire with a meter before you connect them to the alarm.

HTH

Thanks, so possibly the door trigger controls the 10 minute delay or is there a special wire? How do u dioide isolate the wires? Yea I think my door wires were connected wrong.....since my fogs come on when I open the f'n door! I just made a printout of the wiring diagram for my truck........and alarm so I have it for future reference ;)
oldsaint 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

Slammed01 Yea I think my door wires were connected wrong.....since my fogs come on when I open the f'n door![/QUOTE wrote:

Yeh that would be a good indication that something is wrong.

If they used individual door triggers a

Yeh that would be a good indication that something is wrong.

If they used individual door triggers and didn't isolate them it could be feeding back a signal to your BCM or at best confusing it. If thats happening it will cause all sorts of problems. I wouldn't go thru the trouble of isolating the different door triggers there is one wire that does all doors somewhere in the car. Find that and you should be ok.

"All my wire are hooked up correctly. All my connections are good. I put 3 new modules in it. It must be the car."
OK just tell the customer they need to get a different car.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  

For door trigger use the purple wire at the light switch.....not affected by the dome delay...NEG(-)

Parking lights...brown at the keyless module under dash in the blue connector

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

For door trigger use the purple wire at the light switch.....not affected by the dome delay...NEG(-)

Parking lights...brown at the keyless module under dash in the blue connector

Thanx appreciated wasnt gettin' E-mail notifications for some reason! So does the purple at the light switch control both doors or just driver? From the diagram I printed from here is Tan/negative=Drivers and Gray/black is is passengers and diode isolation is needed. Then another says Orange is door 2 also a negative????? My parking light flashes work fine :) just dont get why my 10 minute delay wouldnt work.......maybe cause the door trigger is hooked up to possibly foglights, thats why when I take the keys out and hit the foglight button it will kill my delay as if I opened the door. I liked havin' the 10 minute timer tho, cause if I R/S now I have to go and open my door if Im not ready to leave so the radio will turn off. Any new info on the 10 minute delay wire?
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
BTW for domelight it says in the diagram tan driver and Gry/black passenger also.....2001 Silverado, 10 minute delay? -- posted image. I just want my 10 minute delay and dome not bein' weird.....thanx for all the info and help just tryin to figure it out!
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

Purple wirem (-) behind headlight switch will control both doors.  No need to diode isolate or anything like that.  Tan wire at the bcm, far right plug.  Hook up to you automatic rearm off your alarm and it will kill the radio, no need to wait for the 10 minute delay.  That wire can also be found in the driver's door at the horseshoe (the thing that latched the door shut.

If installed at a shop, I would take it back with this information.  That truck is one of the easiest on the market.  Almost everything can be found at the BCM and Ign harness.  I you installed it, I would go thru my connections and follow the instructions on all these posts that have responded to you.  Good luck.

davedyer79
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic