2001 Silverado, 10 minute delay?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 01, 2005 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
davedyer79 wrote:

Purple wirem (-) behind headlight switch will control both doors.  No need to diode isolate or anything like that.  Tan wire at the bcm, far right plug.  Hook up to you automatic rearm off your alarm and it will kill the radio, no need to wait for the 10 minute delay.  That wire can also be found in the driver's door at the horseshoe (the thing that latched the door shut.

If installed at a shop, I would take it back with this information.  That truck is one of the easiest on the market.  Almost everything can be found at the BCM and Ign harness.  I you installed it, I would go thru my connections and follow the instructions on all these posts that have responded to you.  Good luck.

Appreciated, for the domelight what wire is that just to double check? Reason why i liked the 10 minute delay is cause on a break I would sit n my truck and not have to kill my battery :) but I guess that wire is a mystery! A friend who owned a shop installed it. Everything is soldered n such.....wrapped in electrical tape.
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
  Thanx any help ASAP appreciated cause my friends comin' tomorrow morning!
davedyer79 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  
The purple is behind the headlight switch, connected to the headlight switch.  The tan wire in the far left plug of the BCM shuts off the radio when you kill the remote start with the remote.  I would unhook all the wires that control the dome lights and/or door trigger.  It sounds like something is feeding back.  Get the manual to the alarm/RS and see where your "negative door trigger input" wire is and connect it to the purple wire that is connected to the headlight switch.  If you like the radio to stay on even after you kill the truck with the remote start or the key, nothing else needs to be done.  Just find where the installer wired into the door trigger and disconnect it.  SHould be your problem.
davedyer79
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 9:19 AM / IP Logged  
It sounds like when the alarm sees the ignition wire go from 12v to ground, it is activating the dome light supervision, thereby killing the RAP. Dome supervision wire would be my guess.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic