icon

Power Acoustik LT1920 Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ut_baseball_30 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2005 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Power Acoustik LT1920 two channel amp. It's 2-ohm stereo/4-ohm mono stable, RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 370W x 2. I've also got 2 Audiobahn 10 inch Flame Excursion subwoofers. They are both 4 ohm. I need help on how to wire all this together. If you have any suggestions please help.
Power Acoustik LT1920  Wiring -- posted image.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  

You can either just connect one 4 ohm sub to each of the channels, or if the subs share a box they can be wired together like this: 

........and bridged to the amp.  Same amplifier ouput either way.  With two SVC 4 ohm subs you cannot make that amplifier work at its maximum 2 ohm stereo capacity.  Look at the RMS rating of the subs...at the Audiobahn-measured 450 RMS each they are a good matchup with that amp with either of the above connection methods.  You should actually give those subs about 350 watts each, which that Power Acoustik amp claims to do.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
ut_baseball_30 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
So, would this be installed in a parallel or series format?
samroza 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
The above image is in series.
Sam Roza
ut_baseball_30 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  

And I will get the most power out of my amp this way, right?

samroza 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
Steve is suggesting that you follow the picture's wiring, and put the amp into mono-bridged output. Whether or not you will get the 'most' from your setup in this fashion, I honestly don't know, but mono-bridging is generally regarded as the best way to extract the most power from an amplifier.
Sam Roza
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
Samroza's right.  The amp might be able to make more power than this, but not into two 4 ohm subs.  But like I said above, match up power output to sub rating.  You'll be correct with this matchup.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
ut_baseball_30 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 30, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks alot guys, you've been a big help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic