Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2005 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
Contact Michael at MCC Wireless....(310)558-3322
ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
as far as your parrot staying in sync with you retained accessory power all you need is a part from PERIPHERAL called a GMRAP. I think that Soundgate has the same thing but can't remember the model #.
What it does is tap into the data wire at the radio and constant and ground and provides a RAP 12volt out to power pretty much anything within the current limits such as sat. radio/cd changer/hands free/ you know anything of the sort and then if you need higher current just trigger a relay
TechHead
Alexpac 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 12, 2005 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

I check with Peripheral... The kit cost $60... I think I will leave it as is for a while...

I'm going to try Soundgate... hopefully they will have better pricing...

Thanks for the information...

Regards,

Alex

ds1434 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2005 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

yeah the MSRP is high but I sell them at my store for 35.00 so if you want we could figure some way out to get you one

let me know through pm if you're interested

later

TechHead
Alexpac 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

I decided to buy the one from SoundGate. Sorry I didn't get your post until after I bought the units.

Now the question is, which cable is the Data Bus? Is it from the radio harness? I have a 2005 GMC Envoy and a 2004 Cadillac Escalade.

Any additional information would be appreaciated.

Regards,

Alex

sharkyfour 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
Did you ever find out which one is the databus wire? I'm looking to do the same thing in my '03 Silverado.
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like this sound gate part is a little confusing......I have never used it ....but I would highly reccomend using the direct interface I mentioned earlier....no relays......no data bus interfacing.......its plug and play........trust me.........it works!
hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  

customautomotiv is right. I used the soundgate piece 3 or 4 times and now i buy the "Cellcite" surround sound cable and pair it with a LOC1 (line output converter) and you make a seemless install, on star is still totally funtional, and is priority to the handsfree kit. If you are on the cell and you gwet in an accident it can still call the police. The line output converter is also available to adjust the sound for the best audio quality for your kit.This uniot puts the sound through all 4 speaker not just fronts. look back in the posts there is a # for michael in CA he will hook you up.

do it right. I learned, on star is expensive to use but when your pinned under the steering wheel upside down on a snowy night in feb, you will be happy that you hear a voice asking if you are ok.

rich

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands
hafr 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 13, 2005 at 12:56 PM / IP Logged  

Customautomotiv is right on with the "cellsite" harness. I used the gmcell harness several times and then after speaking to cellsite realized that the gmcell doesnt allow the onstar to work durring an accident

look back in this post there is a # for Michael in CA

DO IT Right,

All though On Star is quite expensive to use, You will be much happier when you are in the ditch on the side of route 80 in feb in a snowstorm and you hear the "is everything Okay" from an opperator.

Rich Hawthorne
Hands-Free installations
"don't talk with your hands full"
516-no-hands
Customautomotiv 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2005 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Glad you like the harness Hafr.......it is a great product and makes life a whole lot easier!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic