icon

Kicker L7 12s box size

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Okay I have one Kicker L7(dual 4 ohm) on the way...(for now) I am gonna order 2 or 3 more...
Now how big of a box should I make for 3 and for 4??? I like sealed boxes..since I have made lots of them and was very impressed by sealed over ported.
But now I am going more for SPL so I was to make these as loud as possible!!So I think im gonna have to go ported
The amp is a US Amps VLX-400...2400watts RMS@1ohm (can do alot more)
All this is gonna go into a 1995 LHS!
Any info and responses are appreciated.
Jay
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 4:36 PM / IP Logged  
go large and and go vented one thing i can tell u about those subs be carefull i have had 2 defective ones before 1 10" L7 and a 15" go about 2.5 cubes per sud and make vented style ports the long thin ones on kickers boxes for the L7 and L5s ? are you going to put the box in just the trunk or are you gonna put your back seats down and put some  dynamat in  sound deteting will help alot to
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
 i take back my statment about 2.5 cubes per sub that might be right but i dont want you to spend 3 days makeing a box then not have it sound good  go to www.kicker.com you can get the right specs for spl for those subs and the port specs also hope that helps
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
Jay22 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
Ya i am gonna put them in the trunk run 3 of them at .67 ohms on my VLX-400 turned down alot too lol.....With square subs should I seperate Chamber them all???????
Jay

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic