icon

2002 jeep liberty, stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jmeese 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

newbie....just bought a kenwood KDC-MP828 that will be installing into a 2002 jeep liberty with 6 stock speakers.  Was able to find directions for the head and looks easy to install.  Can anyone tell me for next steps, will I get more bang for the buck going with a sub or replacing speakers.  Price range $100-300, would like to install myself.

Also are powered subs such as the audiobahn 8" or 10" any good?  Any info on how to get to the 2 speakers in the front dash would be great.

Thanks in advance.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
At this point my only piece of advice is to stay away from any Audiobahn products.
As far as upgrading speakers or subs, you may want to first listen to how it sounds with the new deck, my guess is it will sound ok, and the simple addition of a sub will be a good complement to it.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Can you recommend a powered sub?  Are Bazookas decent?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
bazookas are pretty decent, what do you have available to you to actually listen to?
Infinity bass links are another decent powered setup.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 2:06 PM / IP Logged  

I talked to some bozo at circuit city.  He was pushing the audiobahn.  He said the bazookas were not a good fit for my vehicle.  I have always heard good things about the bazooka line.

any ideas on how to get to the speakers in the dash?

Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone recommend a site or directions to remove the 2 front dash speakers in a 2002 Jeep liberty?

dwarren 
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
Not a good fit, you could put just about any enclosure in an suv, square, round, or oblong. You are right, that guy is a real bozo.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
 well i dont know what dwarrens problem is with audiobahn product i won 1st place at a local comp with 2 audiobahn 12" sub and a mtx 81000 d me and a friend of mine posed a full point higher than a van with 12 12" rockford hx 2 s that had an amp on each one i dont think a powered sub is the way to go i would buy 1 12" or 15" memphis and a small mono block amp a class d would be good so you dont have to upgrade you eletrical system to much the audiobahn entry level stuff is not the best but there mid and high end stuff is nice the 15" memphis retails for about 100 bucks you can also check out ikesound.com
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
dwarren 
Posted: June 03, 2005 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
I don't feel the need to defend my opinion about audiobahn. I simply suggested some other alternaitives to audiobahn.
Blowntweeters, you and everyone else are entitled to their own opinion, and I am glad that you have had good luck with audiobahn, however I feel there are better products on the market that may suit Jmeese's needs.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 10:21 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a new kenwood deck into my 2002 jeef liberty.  Got a wiring harness with unit.  coming out of the stereo I have one red(power), one black(ground) and one yellow(battery) but the harness that connect to the existing car has two black and two yellow  and one red wire.  Do I hook all of the black wires together and all of the yellow wires together?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic