the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 jeep liberty, stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the whole harness that plugs into the factory harness too? or do you just have the wire harness that plugs into the cd player?   If you only have the one that goes into the cd player, go to your local car audio shop tomorrow and get a wire harness for your vehicle.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Jmeese 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
No I have both harness's.  the harness that attaches to the factory plug has two black and two yellow.  the harness from the kenwood has one black and one yellow.  Do I connct all 3 black and all 3 yellow?
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  

ok mayby I did not make this clear.  The kenwood harness has one black (ground) one red (ignition) and one yellow (battery).  The factory harness has two black, two yellow and one red.

Do I hook all 3 blacks together and all 3 yellow together?

Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2005 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  

trying to complete install tonight can anyone help

soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2005 at 7:52 AM / IP Logged  
yes.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  

I recently replaced the head unit in my 2002 jeep liberty with a kenwood KPC_MP828.  Looking to replace the factory speakers but have some questions.  I currently have 6 speakers  2 in the dash, 2 in front door and 2 in rear door.  I am assuming that the head unit recognizes the front as the dash and front doors and the rear are considered the rear doors?  Is this correct?

I'm assuming that for replacement I would want to go with a component set for the front dash and doors.  I am looking at the following 3 units.  Can anyone make a recommendation between the three:

Infinity 6000cs (90 rms watt, total 270 watts) $99

boston acustic FSC0 (150 rms watt, 300 total) $134

Cerwin Vega VMAG6502 (50 rms, 100 total) $99

Then what to do with the rear doors?  6 1/2 two way, three way or bass driver?

Also considering an amp for speakers.  How many channel would I need and how much power would I need?   Are there any "guidlines" for specifing amps?  What are the differences between amp classes?

thanks

samroza 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
Seriously Blown-learn how to use periods, and commas. You come off like a functional retard.
Sam Roza
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

I was inspecting my vehicle for an amp installation (2002 jeep liberty) and found two wiring harness under the driver and passenger seats.  Can anyone tell me what these are for?

Also when I install the amp will I need to run speaker wire from the hu to the amp.  or does that signal come in through the Rca connectors.  Also can the amp be grounded to the seat rail?

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know anything about a Jeep Liberty, but I'll take a wild guess about the wiring harnesses: did the vehicle have an available option for power seats and this model does not have them?

As far as the stereo questions, getting a signal from your HU to an amp will use the low-level (RCA) outputs from the head, assuming it is an aftermarket head unit.  If it's the one that came with the vehicle it will likely not have RCA outputs.  In this case you need a speaker level output converter (aka an LOC) to connect to the speaker outputs and send the signal (using RCA cables) to the amp. 

Seat and seatbelt mounting brackets and bolts is generally not a good ground location, as the seats tend to be bolted onto parts that are often isolated or shock mounted from the chassis and they use hardened steel bolts or welded studs which are not the best for conducting electricity.  The best location is to drill a hole through the chassis (through the floor of the vehicle) and scrape off all the paint and use your own bolt with star washer and locking nut.

Support the12volt.com
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

Ok.  Yes I have 5 volt rca outputs on my hu.  I have a kenwood kdc-mp828.  Looking at replacing the 6 stock speakers and possibly adding an amplifier.  Just not real sure on what to get.  Don't want to spend more than another $250.

I figured I can get a decent componet set or a good pair of 2 ways and at least a 2 channel amp for 250.  Any recomenations?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic