icon

1996 Ford Contour remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'm wondering if someone can tell me where to locate the tach wire, which is suposed to be BROWN / blue, and located at the coil. I don't know where the coil is. But if you do, I would appreciate the help... I purchased a thor car alarm/remote starter, the instructions look like they were written by someone who can barely speak english. The instructions refer to a wire on the alarm that tells it, and I quote "the success of starting. It's connected to sense wire of electrical machine" I'm assuming this is the wire that goes into the tach?
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  
Supposed to be WHITE/ black at the PCM.The PCM is behind the power steering reservoir. For tach can also use any BROWN / stripe at the coil pack. The coil pack will have all the spark plug wires coming from it.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

I have a new thor car alarm/remote starter. On installing my alarms remote starter, I'm noticing there doesn't seem to be a second ON wire for the ignition. So, I'm not sure what to do with this middle relay that's suposed to splice into this non-existing wire. Do I just totally cancel this out altogether? Please let me know. The wire I thought was the second ON wire is this red wire with a black stripe that has a constant 10 volts, no matter what position the key is in.(it's 16 guage, instead of 14 guage)... I'm also wondering if someone can tell me exactly where the location of this drivers side kick panel is located for the auto lock wires. I'm not totally certain what the kick panel is. I'm assuming it's below the fuse panel on the left side closer to the floor.

Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
The wiring from DEI says RED / black is keysense, no need to interface with it for remote start. Yes kickpanel is under the dash in front of the door. Here is what DEI says about the locks:
Also found at the keyless module located behind the glovebox, high in passenger kick panel. There are two yellow/purple wires - one unlocks drivers door and the other unlocks the rest of the doors. These two wires are common at rest through the keyless entry module. Diode isolate and pulse (+) to operate. Lock is WHITE/ purple at keyless module. May need relays.
I had a 96 Contour and if i remember correctly it was easier to get them on the drivers side forward of the kickpanel.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  
What is the PCM? what does it look like?
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Tach SignalWHITE/ BLACKAT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE *

* WHITE/ BLACK Located At Pin #48 On Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Located On Passenger Rear Of Engine On Firewall.
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
I cannot tell you what the PCM looks like, i would imagine its a black box with a lot of wires coming from it. Rear of engine, passenger side.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
Alright. I got it. the power steering reservoir was a real dose getting out of the way.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Alright. I got it. the power steering reservoir was a real dose getting out of the way. thanks!
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Alright. I got it. the power steering reservoir was a real dose getting out of the way. thanks!
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic