icon

1996 Ford Contour remote starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I got the alarm installed. siren works fine, cars lights work fine, It seemed to be working good, but then I tried it later in the day and noticed that my lock buttons on my remote locks the car when I hit unlock, and disarms the alarm. and it unlocks when I hit I hit the lock button on the remote, while arming my alarm. I tried swapping the two unlock/lock wires from the alarm, but it didn't change anything, and I was about 2 seconds away from launching my remote across the street. Does anyone know why these locks are being a pain the neck like they are?

Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
Fixed the lock problem! Now I just have to figure out why the remote starter doesn't crank it over.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
ken984 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Starter is grey/white
ignition is green
acc is yellow
what happens when u try to rem start it?
nothing? turns over but does not start?
starts but dies?
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2005 at 5:25 PM / IP Logged  
when I hit remote start button. I can hear the stuff inside turn on like asif I just put the key in the ON spot, but nothing else really happens. Last night I was thinking I must install this last +12 v brake wire or it won't let it crank the motor over... I noticed that this final wire is involved in the harness part of the remote starter part  that connects to the alarm brain. It basically doesn't kick over the last relay to send the power through the grey/white wire to start the thing. But I'll try afew more things tomorrow or something to see if it'll change. I just wish the instructions were written better. You can clearly tell that a Thor alarm is foreign by their lousy manual. The diagrams are good tho.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
Yes you definitely want that brake wire connected, and the first time u try to rem start it sit in the drivers seat with your foot ready to hit the brake in case the starter grinds or anything else strange happens.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Alright. All I did was just hook up this brake wire to a positive 12 wire. Cause the brakes on this thing has a switch that works by having a constant +12 charge on the orange / YELLOW wire. and when you hit the pedal, you just lose the charge. Now that I hooked up this wire, I get some chirps out of my siren, so I'm slowly getting closer. There is still one more wire for this particular harness for the remote starter that isnt' connected... It shows it in the manual as, and I quote; "Side door negative trigger". And that's as into detail as the instructions go for that wire. I checked over all my connections into my ignition wires and it's pretty simple and looks good. So I don't know why it won't send lift off to the final relay to try starting it. Unless this last wire is as important as I'm hoping it might be.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
According to DEI the orange / YELLOW is a + and should go hot when u depress the brakes. i do not remember what i did on my own car but you better make sure you have the brake wire hooked to the brakes, the rem start will not disengage properly when youo get in to drive if you dont.
Side door trigger, sounds like a door trigger wire.
WHITE/ black is drivers door, WHITE/ red is passenger doors. Diode isolate.
If its just a rem start and not a security system you could just use one of the wires above.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

ok, the door trigger is WHITE/ black. But this wire carries a positive 12volts, but the wire is called a negative door trigger. Is there going to be an interraction with negative and positive current? I don't wanna fry something. and I was wondering where do you get diodes? and does anyone know if this car has the electric trunk opening feature in it? I believe the 98 does.

Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
ken984 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2005 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
No it is a negative door trigger. There are not too many Fords that are negative but this is one of them.
bodybuilder 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
Is "acc lock" the same thing as just acc?
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic