the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Which would you choose?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  

I am looking at getting a setup to use strictly for SPL. I plan on putting a wall in my 98 Kia, and i have a choice of either getting:

1)2 MTX 12" 9500 subs pushed by the 92001 (I think) running 3000w @ 1ohm

2)4 Audiobahn Eternal 12" subs pushed by 2 audiobahn amps at 1800w @1 ohm each (3600W RMS total)

Which would you choose and why?

thanks

kenny

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  

Is this a joke? You shouldn't even be comparing Audiocrap with a respectable brand like MTX.

Get the MTX! Don't be a Fool!

Audiobahn is a flashy, cheap, brand targeted at naive people. That's why.

You now might consider an upgraded charging system, especially your alternator if you haven't already.

racer427 
Silver - Posts: 381
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 7:32 PM / IP Logged  

dwarren,

You are soooooooooooooo right.

offroadzj> Go with the 9500's and the 92001 amp. That set up with pound the hell out of any vehicle. I do hope that you plan on upgrading the electricle system though. The first burp out of that set-up will most likely shut everything down.

Chris

Alpine CDA-9833 HU
Diamond Audio M661 Components
MTX Thunder T6.6 Components:rear fill:
Cadence Q400 4 Channel Mains + rears
Thunder 801D Subs
MTX 1004 10's
Dual 4g wire to rear
4g grounds
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

well the only reason that i was contemplating the audiobahn setup is because i get audiobahn stuff on accommodation throuh my work, and the entire setup would be only $800 (amps and subs). I only get 70% off of the MTX msrp, so it will be quite a bit more. Anyone know what the msrp is on the subs and amp?

Thanks

Kenny

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  

Then why are you asking for opinions if you can't afford it?

The price should be reason enough to get the better stuff, reality is you pay for you get.

Audiobahns so called 1800 wrms=B.S!

Save your money if thats what it takes because you will only wish you got the better gear in the long run.

southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
but also i think u should get what u want , not what everyone is suggesting u get. man if u want audiobahns then get them , not because everyone in thier mama is telling u not to get them
southsider
dwarren 
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  

He asked for suggestions. And that's what we gave along with support as to why or why not.

southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
naw i totally understand that no question i'm just sayin make up your own mind. audiobahn is okay if setup right. not the best but better than sony!
southsider
dwarren 
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  

If you even have a doubt in the gear, why bother even setting it up right to begin with if will fail or fall short of ones expectations, seems wasteful to me.

southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2005 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
do what u do with what ya got
southsider
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic