Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:08 AM / IP Logged  
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

$80 was the cheapest I found so far.

http://www.autotechs.com/cat11.htm

D.E.I. was talking about $195 uninstalled. Ebay only had the 516u. Hope this helps a little. Oh not to forget to tell you that the 516L has the P.A. feature as well.

Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, that's a good site. The eBay seller "stereoinstallparts" also has cheap prices, he has the best prices I've seen so far for DEI accessories. So, what alarm system/options do you have ? :)
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  
I got the viper 550esp in all my car and trucks. I got the pager for them as well with battery back ups, double sirens, hood pins, trunk pins, not to mention that I have my toy car locked in the back with a chain and lock bolted to chasis. You can't even lift the trunk a 1/4 inch. No way on cutting the chain with bolt cutters. Green led's on the front headlights. Multi-pattern flasher system on the headlights(the ones that the fire cheif uses)DEI Dual Proxy Factory Adjustment - Page 2 -- posted image.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
GheTToBaSS 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
Wow.....................lol I need someone like you to help me plan my security system.
Sound Pressure 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2002 at 1:42 AM / IP Logged  
DEI Dual Proxy Factory Adjustment - Page 2 -- posted image.That's what we are all here for Ghetto to help each other out. When ever you need any help you know where to find us. DEI Dual Proxy Factory Adjustment - Page 2 -- posted image.
Sound Pressure
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  

Recommend you not getting the Voice warn away!!   Coming from  myself and friends that got there car keyed  for no reason, I guess because it was so annoying that it got to people's skin and they just scratch the hell out of my car for no reason , so I took it out, but one thing I got out of it was a brand new candy apple paint job, THANKS to the FOLKS that keyed my car in SAN FRANCISCO,  Candy apple BERgendy INTEGRA,  get the proximity sensor  for the front and rear, great to have!!!!!

the rookie!~
GheTToBaSS 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
Damn, that sucks.............if someone did that to my car I would kill them. Hmm, now that is something to think about before getting this I guess. Did you have it set too sensitive? I would prefer the voice to only warn away when someone basically TOUCHES the car hard enough for it to be suspicious. Why do you say the proximity sensor is so great though? Wouldn't that basically piss people off also if they just walk by and it goes off or something? I wanted the proximity and voice together, but now I don't know...........trying to decide.
joelr7309 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Proximity just beeps and warns away, I think you would get more piss if it starts cursing and talking to you,  well thats just my suggestion, if you want it, then get it!  it's different for everyone,  try a fuel kill relay, thats another good idea, 
the rookie!~
M4lfunct10n 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

It's good if you have a convertable.  I wanted it for 2 reasons.  Some people had been screwing with my hatch lock.  The pushed the lock cylinder in, and my key barely works in it now.  I wanted something that would warn those jerks when they got up to it.  Too many people have LED's with no alarm.  I wanted them to know I meant business.  That and I've got T-tops.  I want to be able to leave the tops off and not have to worry about my stereo.  Someone reaches in my car and it goes off.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!!!!

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic