icon

DEI Dual Proxy Factory Adjustment

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
GheTToBaSS 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2002 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah, I don't think I would have it set to curse anyway though, just a voice warning......but the PA feature is nice, so I guess I still want the 516L.

Fuel kill relay..........where/how can I get that? I want something like starter kill and/or fuel kill that will work even if the alarm brain is disconnected and pulled out from everything. Does the Viper790xv have anything like this, or how can I get it? I want some really good protection, please give suggestions.

Thanks.

M4lfunct10n 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Install a magnetic reed switch.  It is a magnetic activated switch.  Hide the switch behind the dash somewhere, under the carpet, in the seat, wherever you want.  Car won't start unless you hold a magnet over the switch.  Cut the lines somewhere other than the normal places and NO ONE, will be able to start your car. 

GheTToBaSS 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2002 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  

But then I can't use remote start, and I don't want to have to hold a magnet over a switch everytime before I can turn on my car.

I want something (starter kill and maybe fuel kill) that will de-activate when I disarm my alarm and can also be used with remote start, but will still provide protection if the alarm brain is disconnected.

Please give suggestions.DEI Dual Proxy Factory Adjustment - Page 3 -- posted image.

alarmpro 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
connect the starter kill and fuel kill with relays and they both will activate when "armed" and deactivate when you turn your alarm on....
GheTToBaSS 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

This seems like the best option so far. However would these starter/ign kills still work if the alarm brain is disconnected? That is my main concern........because the 790xv already comes with the failsafe starter kill but that does not work if the brain is disconnected.

So is this very difficult to do using relays? How much would it add to the installation time and $ if having it done by a shop?

I have also been told by a person who works for DEI that this methiod would drain the battery................: "There is no way to add normally open starter kill to an alarm without the capability. It takes a circuit in the alarm to control it while not killing the battery. If you where to try and "build" a relay setup to do this it would cause a drain on the battery."

Is there any way around this? Or what do you guys think or would suggest?

Thanks.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic