icon

Viper791 to Compustar swap 04.5 DodgeRam

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
8mpg 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
Im really hating my Viper alarm and ahve a compustar thats been layin around the house for a while. Anyone know how hard it will be to swap alarms? The doors are already diode isolated and the viper alarm was working. Should I ahve to install relays or just rewire the Compustar into where the Viper was already installed?
Thanks
Tim
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
the hardest part is done. finding and testing the wires the rest is easy.  depending on what viper you had did it have built in relays or did you have to add them if you added them then just wire the lock wires from the compustar to where the viper lock wires go I would first find your spot where you want your brain mounted and put it there then start running your wires where you want it disconnect one at a time and rehook up the compustar.
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
cool..thanks for the advice. I dont figure its gonna be hard to swap it over, now i just need to get a wiring harness for it.
I had the viper 791 with remote start. I believe my buddy did install relays for the viper so i should be able to just replace the wires 1 by 1 and hook up the compustar.
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 19, 2005 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  
cool..thanks for the advice. I dont figure its gonna be hard to swap it over, now i just need to get a wiring harness for it.
I had the viper 791 with remote start. I believe my buddy did install relays for the viper so i should be able to just replace the wires 1 by 1 and hook up the compustar.
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2005 at 9:29 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar WHY??????
8mpg 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
cause my Viper sucks. NEVER once had a problem with my compustar. Neither has my sister or two other friends that have them
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2005 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged  

cause my Viper sucks.

My favorite part of this post Viper791 to Compustar swap 04.5 DodgeRam -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic