icon

Dirtiest Car You Ever Worked On Continued

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 3:56 AM / IP Logged  

This topic has already been discussed but just felt like continueing it.

My car was and earl to mid 90's Mercury mini van. Came in about a half hour from closing and wanted rear speakers so i took it in. It was dark out so when i went outside to pull it in i didn't notice the flea market in the back. I mean, no back seats but instead replaced with junk filled to the back and pilled halfway up. I told him he would have to come back with it empty and he said what if he moved it to the side so I could do one side at  a time. I decided to take it on. It was a pretty basic install but there was one thing i will never forget. As he was moving stuff he asked me if it was alright. I said so long as there is nothing sharp in there. He replied no as he was holding a 3 foot long sword.

Lets hear all your stories now

adrianspeeder 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Went to pick up a used car for a friend, and it was filled with what turned out to be over hundreds of dollers in pennies. That was a WTF...
Bought a used chevy beater work truck last year, and there was a hardees hamburger under the seat with the bag logo from the late 80s. ewww.
Adrianspeeder
'02 F250 PSD, '97 F-150, '71 F-100, '66 F-250, '93, '92, '88, '84 Broncos
Penn State electrical engineerin' major
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  
Ive worked on alot of dirty and junk filled cars. Most of the older Mini Vans and SUVs have alot of junk in them. Especially if you have to tear the glovebox apart. I think one of the worst cars ive worked on was a newer Civic, for some reason it was flithy. I guess they dont believe in cleaning.
hawn13 
Copper - Posts: 171
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2005 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

96 dodge caravan pulled it in for amp and sub owner wanted mounted under seat I said no big deal went to mount amp under seat guess what I found 4 dirty diapers.

dirtiest car that shouldn't have been guy says hes got a viper he pulls it around I go in to pull it in I swear it had at least 3 weeks of mcdonalds wrappers and fries on the ground  and on the seat and the guy has the never to say to me be sure to wipe your feet off before you get in it

maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 3:08 AM / IP Logged  
92 (about) bonneville. literally had an ant nest, queen and all, in the piles of carpet stacked in the trunk. we also used a paint scraper to clean the switches and turnsignal, they were covered with... ...   yeah. lol. something. BROWN / black and thick enough to merit a whittling.
Forevrbumpn 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 03, 2005 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

Ive worked on alot of cars over the years that were just horrible condition. 1 I had seen where a kid had shoved a peanut butter&jelly sandwich between the seats, it was unavoidable.

And then I think everyone has seen the typical joint thrown under the drivers seat

Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2005 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
I'd say one of the dirtiest cars i've worked on was an older van, forget what model, anyway the lady was getting all speakers and the deck replaced and the van was used to carry dogs. The whole thing stuck like dog piss and dog hair  everywhere. Not as bad as dirty diapers but the stench was pretty bad.
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 3:16 PM / IP Logged  
yea worked on a car that reaked of dog urine.  we had to take turns because the smell was so overwhelming.  we badly wanted to charge them extra.
Forevrbumpn 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
should have charged an extra 50% for pain and suffereing... lol
foltzy 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2005 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
i can remember it like it was yesterday..
we had a pizza delivery driver stop in for a radio in his 99 ford taurus. we figure no biggie, give us an hour and it'll be done. when we open the trunk (to get to the factory radio) there had been trash stashed to the top of the trunk, ranging from rotting milk containers to old boxes of take out food. we had our fun with it though, we ended up finding 5 free pizza coupons from Papa John's and some pictures of us shoveling out the crap to perform an install.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic