icon

Problems with Eclipse AVX2404 /Vizualogic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sienna 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Does the screen go blue if you just pwr the system, but don't drive the truck? Does it also still occur after 10-15 mins? It would seem that it's either a video signal or a pwr issue.
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  
I had this same problem with the A1000 dual dvd headrest about a month ago. They told me to add a switch on the constant line. I was told when the car is started the voltage drops so low that it messes up the screens and they turn blue. What I did was hooked up both constant and ignition to a good ignition source and it cured the problem.
sienna 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2005 at 10:45 PM / IP Logged  

With the 12volt constant hooked up to IGN, do you lose the last scene feature (DVD restarts at the beginning)?

808vip 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
I've never used my system without having the engine running , because I'm scared that the truck won't start.
My shop changed the monitors brain yesterday but today at the mall it turned blue again after about an hour.
What kind of switch do I need to tell my shop to install?
thanks for the help guys, i really appreciate it!!
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2005 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
i may have forgot to add that the screens go blue only when watching dvds from the Eclipse H/U and have never gone blue while using the Xbox.. i've had the xbox playing for 4 hours without turning blue.. this is what's making me believe that there's a defect in Eclipse's AVX2404 units.. either that or they keep sending me the same unit back and not really fixing the problem
808vip 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2005 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
Yesterday (10/1/05) my shop swapped out the AVX2404 with a AVN5495 and told me if the screens don't go blue I should upgrade my system with the AVN5435.
I really want a deck with 5.1 or DTS since I made extensive modifications for a center channel. But so far the information I'm getting is that the AVX2404 is the only one with DTS or 5.1
The 5495 doesn't sound better than the 2404 when playing movies or music dvds. I'm going to test the system with some DTS videos but I'm afraid I'm not going to like what I'm going to hear.
kodiakz 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2005 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
When the screens go blue, can you switch the source immediatley to Xbox and see if that source works correctly?  What happens if you cycle the source on both the Eclipse and the Viz after blue screen occus?   Did you try as previously suggested to tie both constant and switched to ignition?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic