icon

arm/disarm problem with viper responder

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
i have a question about my viper alarm system. it is the 690xv or whatever repsonder with remote start added on. the problem is when i go to arm or disarm the system and unlock the car.
today after i got done at the gym i went to unlock/disarm my car and it would not work. the keychain pager beeped like it was not able to send the signal. my friend suggested that my sunshade was interfering with the antenna (it's mounted by the rear view mear). i have had my sunshade up before and had no problems. the only way i was able to disarm it was by stick then the antenna of the pager up to the windshield right in front of the reciever antenna inside the car. my friend then suggested that the clouds had something to do with it. it was really overcast today where i live, but i don't think that should have anything to do with it. i've heard about the radio frequencies messing it up and stuff but i would never imagine the clouds. i'm thinking i'm going to take it to the shop where i got it installed and ask them about but i would like to know what you all think also.
i noticed today that it will usually arm or disarm if i push the lock/unlock buttons REALLY hard on the transmitter. this makes me think that maybe there is something wrong with the transmitter.
Many thanks once again
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it
iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  
Have the dealer look at it. They may need to swap out the antenna or replace the transmitter. It's definately nothing to do with clouds, although that made me smile. lol
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  
haha, yeah i busted a gut when my friend said that, glad it made your day too.
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it
hightek 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2005 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
alright, so i realize this post is almost a month old or something. well still no luck with my alarm. it's really startin to make me flip. i did some research and read about reprogramming the transmitter. do you think this will work? do i need to take it to the dealer to have this done or what? also, i don't know if it would make a difference but when i replaced the battery in the transmitter i used one that my friend gave me. he keeps all his batteries in the fridge. i was wondering if the condensation from the battery may have affected the remote? i'm looking for any possible idea as to why it won't work.
of course, when i took it to the dealer it worked fine. stupid POS.
hightek
alpine cda-9827
12" Brahma
Eclipse DA6213
and still working on it

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic