the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what bumps harder?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2005 at 10:04 PM / IP Logged  

The Urban Dictionary says this:

geeza

A Word used to describe a male, independent of race or creed, a bit like bloke. Used more so in the south of England (i.e London) can be used in both a friendly and agressive manner.

I guess it was the friendlier context.  what bumps harder? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
The L7 and the SX are the SPL subs out of the ones mentioned. Since it appears you're looking for an all out SPL setup, I'd suggest a 18" SX in around 7 cubes ported, tuned to your liking. (I'd do 32-35hzish). The Brahma isn't an SPL, but could certainly get fairly loud and sound good while doing it. L7's have many problems with their tinsel leads snapping, and of course they lack SQ a good bit. That's my 2 cents.
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
uniball 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged  

I always thought a GEEZA was an OLD man! At least that's what I call my POPS!what bumps harder? - Page 2 -- posted image.

uniball

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
Geezer is an old man, I've never heard Geeza before.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  

You see! stevdart is the more classical definition now that he put that dictionary definition up there.

Stop trying to ruin my fun, geeza!

Bigsingh 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
geeza is a way of calling sum1 with respect down the UK. don't get me confused, im not here to insult anyone lol. respect to all, DUDEs! lool
6* Rockford T2's
6* POWER AMPs
BLACK CORRADO
BAANNGGIINN
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

If there is anyone here who is old, it just might be me. (and a couple of others I could name).

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Nodestiny 
Copper - Posts: 85
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 4:19 PM / IP Logged  
Throwing L7s in a basic ported box is easy SPL, but all those subs can produce great SPL. I think you might get down to power handling in that catagory... see which one can take the most power (not factory rated RMS).
04 dodge neon SXT
(2) Oz Audio Matrix Elite 12"s sealed in 4 cube fiberglass enclosure, powered by HiFonics BX1605D
Oz Audio Matrix 180cs 6.5" component set power by HiFonics ZX4000
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  

I got 14 years on you, Rob....celebrating my 50th tomorrow.  Wife and I are going to the beach.  No kids along so we'll be pumpin the jams (!!!!)

....but the girls, they still love me.  what bumps harder? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Oh, and at this point I think a geezer is like 80.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2005 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
Nope geezer is definatly 50. Sorry.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic