icon

Component vs 2 Way Speaker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jmeese 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
Can the crossovers be housed with the amp under the seat?
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

Ok I will take your word for it. 

I appreciate all the info you have provided.  When you have a chance if you could shed some info on mid bass drivers I would appricate it.  Could they be used in the rear to provide some bass instead of putting in a sub?  So components in the front and mid bass drivers in the rear?

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Jmeese wrote:
Can the crossovers be housed with the amp under the seat?

That would be a fine place for them. As long as you have room. If you want to put the crossovers and amp under the seat try to mount them as far back from the front of the seat as you can. This will keep people from kicking the amp or crossovers or getting them dirty.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
You might run into noise interference, why don't you try under the dash?
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  

For subs, you can get an idea of how they will perform based on manufacturer specifications.  But it is impossible when you are talking about components.  Higher frequency reproduction is MUCH more complex to where little things like dustcap design, cone materials, or even surround treatments can have a large effect on how the speakers will sound. 

You can use midbasses as subs, but keep in mind that they don't usually have the excursion or cone area larger subs have.  So you will probably not get the output or extention you would get out of a larger subwoofer.  If you are looking to go this direction, I would suggest looking for a driver specifically designed for this.  Here's a good one that might work: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-832

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2005 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
can these be mounted in the doors of a vehicle.  The look deep, I'm not sure I have that much depth in the rear doors
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

Can someone let me know what you think of this component set?

http://www.sonicelectrnix.com/item_2788.html

jdog0411 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I'll throw in my stupid question of the day.....when buying component speakers, are they priced as a pair (one mid bass and one tweeter) or as the set (two mid bass and two tweeters, two crossovers)?
2004 BMW 325ci.
Alpine CDA-9885
JL 300/4 and 250/1
JL XR 5.25 comps
Infinity Kappa Perfect 12
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
Pricing is usually for a set.  I know nothing about those Alphasonics except to say it is a low-quality brand in general.  Listen before you buy, buy locally if you can, and at the very least if you must buy speakers blind off the web, buy a brand you at least know you like the sound of other models....!
Support the12volt.com
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 30, 2005 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Well I think I have made my decision.  I am going to go with these Alpine SPR-17LS

Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic