icon

first time at glassing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pimpedout92x 
Member - Posts: 48
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
hey guys. i havent started yet, but i just bought a spare dash for my 1997 ford explorer. i want to really learn to glass and glass the dash. i have never tried glassing...lol...but i figured someone here could show me some good tutorials with pics, etc. that i can research and learn more about glassing...that would be great. i really want to pull this off...i dont want to glass nothing into it at this point(monitor's, etc.) but one of the main things i want to do it glass over the airbag on the passenger side. i would like to glass a monitor in that spot, but i need to learn to glass first lol...
heres pics of the dash im buying...
first time at glassing -- posted image.
first time at glassing -- posted image.
thanks for anyones help.
see ya guys.
switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
i see that you have your heart set on that dash, but with that being "your first project". I would recommend that you start with something smaller like the kick panels or even the radio mount bezel. But as far as glassing over the airbag....just go to the junk yard. and get the piece that covers it off of a ranger(since most rangers dont have airbags) use that as your base and glass onto it...95-99 i think and up rangers had the same dash as the expl.....i did the same on my 96. anyhow good luck with your project
2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
pimpedout92x 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
well i think im gonna shave the radio bezel first, but yea i do have my heart set on glassing this lol. i just paypaled the guy, 80 shipped. not bad at all for the whole dash lol...ill look into the ranger dash thingy, im not sure what your talking about tho hahah...thanks for the help tho.
pimpedout92x 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
oh i see what your talking about. i have the actual cover that goes in the whole where that airbag is, its just not in that pic. so i just put that in and glass in the seem's around it?
97blackrodeo 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2005 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
im sure the actual airbag piece will weigh more. he will more than likely be working with some mat or cloth in shaping/reshaping certain areas. why not just "create" his own piece. ive  worked with a few dashboards and thats what i always did. pimpedout let me know if i can answer any questions.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic