icon

Problems with wiring Somewhere..

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bozoka45 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
When I open my front right door on my 92 Accord, the door ajar light on the dashboard and the dome light do not go on.  The courtesy light on the door does go on.  Anyone know what wire colors I need to be looking for under the dash or anything else about this?
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2002 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Check your fuses first.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 2:56 AM / IP Logged  

like what sound pressure said, two of my friend's cars had the same problem last week theyre radio didn't work either and took hours to figure what was wrong with the first car then found a blown fuse one was under the hood by the relays the other car was in the fuse box under the dash

bozoka45 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2002 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

I dont think its a fuse, I just checked all of mine.  Its only one door that is doing it, wouldnt it be more than one if it was a fuse?

Aznpanther98 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 10:31 AM / IP Logged  

did u also check the fuses under the hood? where the headlight relays are also? pull each one out and look closely my friend's corolla had a blown fuse and u'd hve to look closely at the fuse to even see the broken link  and maybe look for the fuse labeled dome light thats what was on my friend's old corolla

the domelight could be wired to the same wire as the door chime and fused somewhere along that wire.... my friend's grand prix had the same problem and when he hit the lock trigger the door chime will work but his keyless remote lock didn't work either but we looked at the wireing diagram of his car(we're in an auto class) and found the fused wire going to the door chime, keyless module, and the door trigger so we looked at that fuse and it was blown...

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2002 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Check the switch in the door jamb it might be stuck or broken.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
I agree with jrilla....if the passenger door lights up the dome light, then it's probably the door switch in the driver's door.  Maybe unscrew the switch, test it, and screw it back in.  That just might do the trick.
bozoka45 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  

All other doors work fine.  The passenger door will not light up the dome light.  Also, if my alarm is engaged and the door is opened, the alarm does not go off.  I cant seem to find anythign wrong with the switch.  How would I test it?

cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 11:00 AM / IP Logged  

oh, I didn't realize the passenger's door does the same thing.....then it's probably not the switch. 

1.  Is your domelight switch on?  On mine, I have 3 positions for the domelight....ON, DOOR, and OFF.  Just a silly suggestion.

2.  Is your alarm in valet mode?  Just another silly suggestions.

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2002 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
If it is only your passenger door that does not work, and manually operating and wiggling  the switch in the passenger door jamb, then I would try to remove the switch if possible, I sold my Accord a few years ago so I dont remember how they come off, but there should be screws in there and I would just give it a visual look when you pull it off and make sure that it is operating as it should. 
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic