icon

I cant get the door lock actuator to work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zeddiea27 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, as my original post indicates, I have it wired exactly like that. It is not working for some reason.
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 5:02 PM / IP Logged  
this sounds strange if it is connected the way the diagram is it should work is the output timed right to operate the relays long enough to operate the motor? when i was reading through you said that you heard both relays clicking when you arm and disarm the system quickly check the motor and see if it is solid as if it was stuck trying to go both ways if this is the case then both relays are being operated at the same time.
jhgraham 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
I could be wrong as usual but it seems like you are trying to drive the motors using the Alarm triggering wire. The Alarm trigger wire will drive a relay but not the motors.
Since your motors work using the battery it sounds like you do not have enough power. Notice the fore drawing has a + 12V, this is a power connection not a mAmp. Use the alarm to trigger the relays and use another wire with +12V from another wire. (Radio is a good place) to drive the motors. Check the relay section for instructions.
zeddiea27 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: July 04, 2005 at 7:06 PM / IP Logged  

"this sounds strange if it is connected the way the diagram is it should work is the output timed right to operate the relays long enough to operate the motor?"

Thats exactly what I thinking. But I donot know how to change the  length of time the alarm sytem sends the pulse.

"check the motor and see if it is solid as if it was stuck trying to go both ways if this is the case then both relays are being operated at the same time."

I said one relay clicks when I hit arm, and the other clicks when I hit disarm, indicating they are working properly.

"Use the alarm to trigger the relays and use another wire with +12V from another wire. (Radio is a good place) to drive the motors. Check the relay section for instructions."

I'm not sure I understand. Your saying to disconect the +12v from both relays, and hooking it straight to the door actuator? Can you tell me exactly how to hook it up(IE, all five relay pins for lock and unlock, and power/ground). Thanks

OwenZ 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2005 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
My car is a 91TT and when installing the door actuator, I discovered that my actuators worked at the battery posts but not when connected to the relays.
In the end, the alarm unit +12V input (not the main red wire or ACC) was not getting enough juice from where it was tapped into a wire. Hence, the trigger signal from the alarm was only putting out 0.5V or less.
Owen
riceman 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 07, 2005 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
try hooking up your makita drill battery to the two wires from the motor if you put it one way the motor will either pull or push and vice versa. this is to check if the motor is not binding. sometimes it works fine with the door panel off then when you put it back something is hitting it. also sometimes when you mount it you screw too tight and if the motor is bending in any way it wont move. with these few tips you should be fine. good luck
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic