the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

18 subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

I know you're just going for the look of the size in relation to the size of the car, joking and all that.  Are you a bit artistic?  You might consider this:  put in a cheap 15 and design the face of the box to look like it has this PHAT surround.  Just use something like a rubber inner tube and form it around the sub, paint over the sub's real screws and put in some really shiny bolts around the perimeter of the tube.

Now that's phat!  And just use a cheap home audio Cerwin Vega for the sub.  And better yet, there's a bunch of 15's at partsexpress.

And put in some fake ports.  The neighbors will love that.

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart great  that idea .i will do that and when i find a geo metro .and get it all done. i will post some pic's .and dwarren i dont currently own a pinto but . i do have the gear and i am trying to find a pinto cheep for a comp car.and i wont put spinner hub caps on it . these guys that live buy me drive these beat up cars and put those hub caps on them and have a audiovox H/U with stock 6x9's and think that it bumps and that people think those hub caps are rims is just me or does the car with 6x9s sounding like crap going past your house make you wanna slap them and tell them that the crap sound coming from there 6x9's isn't bass
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
ahh, sounds like good fun! guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
Find an old AMC Gremlin.....Much better car to mess with people's heads!
Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  

i'm looking for an amc gremlin or a ford pinto for a comp car the guys that live in my complex drive cars like geo metro's and and like toyota tercels and think there so cool i have got get the metro for this

1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
I'd like to fix up a Yugo if I could ever find one anywhere.
'85 Toy
harvey1959 
Copper - Posts: 94
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 08, 2005 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
You go for it Man!!   I had a 1972 orange Pinto with 4 sparkomatic 6 x 9's in the rear deck, 2 6.5's in the doors and a 4x6 in the middle of the dash board.  All off of one amp.  Of course this was in 1978.  You go for it.
Harv
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic