icon

2002 liberty stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jmeese 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 16, 2005 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  
Ok anyone ever remove a jeep liberty dash.  The dash is seperated into two pieces.  One piece that appeard to be held only in by clips(where the speakers are) and the other the main dash.  As I popped the 2nd piece clips out this piece is somehow locked into the what I call "Oh shhh" handle.  I cant figure out if the oh shhh handle has to be removed or am I not doing something correctly.  The dash is clipped into that an I can't get it out.  Any suggestions
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 17, 2005 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
looks like surface mount install
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  

Ok my install is approaching the moment of truth.  I have a few last qustions.

The power connector for the amp.  Does this slide on the terminal first and then you slide the cable on top of it?  I don't think I got a ring big enough in my amp kit to hook to the battery?    Or do you use a spade bit on the nut of the battery clamp?

I was able to find a second grommet hole on each side of the car that was not used.  I drilled into the car on both sides.  I then sliced a small hole in the rubber raceway on each side.  Used a flexible rubber tube and slid into the existing raceway and into hole I drilled.  Pulled wires through from the door mounted tweeter and 6.5 on lower panel(door).  It was the only way I could see myself being successful with this install.

Does it matter where the crossovers are kept.  I was thinking of keeping the one on the passenger side on the floor behind the trim piece.  The other I was going to mount under the driver side dash(underneath the cover out of site.)

Can anyone explain why when I removed the two door speakers the other 4 speakers that I have hooked to the head unit stopped working?  I thought I might lose the 4 in the front cabin but I assumed the two in the rear doors would continue to work.  Now I have to figure out what to do with them?  I guess I have no rear fill issues....

Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Can anyone help regarding this wiring issue of the standard stock stereo.  I would like to use the hu to power the two rear door speakers and the amp i installed to power the components.  After I disconnected the two front door 6.5's none of the speakers are working(dash tweeters and rear door 6.5's).  Would I need to run new wire to the rears from the hu?  And if so how will this impact the hu wiring harness?

And if the hu is 4 x 22 watt rms is there anyway to get it to output 2 x 44 watt rms?

Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

I just hooked up 2 rear speakers in my vehicle and I'm not sure I have them wired correctly.  They are oem speakers, they are playing but the volume is faint compared to what is comming out of the front.  I have alpine components running on a 2 x 50 watt amp.  I never really listed to the rear speakers before so I'm not sure if this is how they are supposed to be working or not.

I wired them directly into the hu and they are running on the hu amp.  I do have it selected as on in the hu setup.  Is there something else in the setup that would be causing  this?  I have a kenwood KDC-Mp828

Hornshockey 
Silver - Posts: 520
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 2:38 AM / IP Logged  
what type of car is this? some OEMs use 8 ohm speakers which would be quieter
Life moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and look around once in a while; you could miss it.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 7:13 AM / IP Logged  
Its a 2002 Jeep liberty.  Infinity speaker but no markings what so ever.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
The rear speakers running off a 2 X 12 watt head unit are, of course, going to be quieter than the front speakers running off a 2 X 50 watt amplifier.  So, what you have is normal.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
Jmeese 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

Actaully I have them wired directly to my hu which is kenwood kdc-mp828 which is 4 x 22 watt rms.  So I am assuming they are running at 2 x 22 watt.

When I have them on in the standard mode it sounds decent in the front with them providing back fill.  However when I change to the 2-zone feature on the hu i get a ticking noise and no sound from the rears.  I was trying to utilze the 2-zone feature to jack the volume up in the back a little.

hurtado_roberto 
Copper - Posts: 196
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
4x22w @ 4ohms?  If that's the RMS at 4 ohms then at 8 ohms it might be 4x11w.  You can use a multimeter to check the speaker impedence.
Poly Dollies
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic