icon

Buzz from Remote Lead

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Japsti3 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH Not only does it BUZZ but when I drive the buzzing goes higher with the engine rev's........... This as got me the live wire runs down the centre of the car the leads down the left and the speaker cable even further over to the left. I have a Mitsubishi Delica. Jap import. Great motor Pa*ts ICE. Going to do the B+ test right now back in a mo
JAydawg21 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  

There you go, you hit the nail on the head!  Refer to the hundreds of posts on alternator whine.  Check your grounds!  If I had to guess, based on the loud pop you hear when the system turns on, I would say try adjusting your gains.  One of the biggest noise problems is caused by the misunderstanding of what input gain really does and how to use it.  Turn it down and see what happens. 

'97 Jeep Cherokee sport
subs: JL 12w3v2 : RF 500a2 :
RF 1F capacitor
doors: 6" Diamond D361i -> RF 200a4
Japsti3 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
No exactly the same, did the B+ test and got the same buzz as soon as I hit the engine switch on the ignition Buzz from Remote Lead - Page 2 -- posted image.
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
First thing to check is your speaker wires. Make sure they're not pinched/cut/shorted.
If everything's ok, make sure everything is grounded in the same spot.
Paul
Japsti3 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  

Laid both sets of speaker wires flat and taped them to the floor, there ground i have moved and still no joy.

Seems it's got me beat..............

boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
Is the deck grounded where the amp is?  Try grounding them both to the vehicle frame (same place), not the motor. 
Japsti3 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  

Rear is grounded to the frame via a bolt into the chasie, the the head unit is fine.

It;'s the noise from the engin I cannot get rid of so the lot is comming out, never been one to mess about.

If any one as any other idears just let me know. I'm toying with getting a stand alone battery in the rear?

boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2005 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  

Almost all alternator noise comes from a ground loop, meaning different components in a system grounded in different places but all tied together thru audio cables.  You say your HU is fine.  If it isn't grounded IN THE SAME PLACE as the amp, there's a good chance that's where your noise is coming from.

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic