icon

power acoustik subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dubb 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  

was sup wit  power acoustik subs. i seen these subs at a best buy jus browsing around. they have huge magnets. 2 inch foam. rated at good wattage rms and max...are they as good as they look...

2005 Ford 500 SEL. 3 Kicker CVR 15"s. 2000 watt Quantum Audio AMP.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't buy them, probably better quality products available for similar pricing, that is what sup wit it.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I agree. They make some that looks like they will blow the glasses out of your car. When you hear them though, they are not even average subs.
'85 Toy
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  

"Excuse me, stewardess.  I speak jive."

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
huge magnets & lots of foam usually mean they're REALLY good.  You should get them.
danieljaluise 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  
yo deez thingz bump! They will be better than any speakerz out there. \subz r da shizzle. MAN!
dubb 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
i mean thats kinda how things seems...the bigger the magnets and foam..the harder they hit..and then they come in a big wooden crate. i aint heard of anyone buying them and i was wondering why. maybe people look at brands a lil too much. bestbuy periodically does a get 2 for the price of one with these subs..i need more opinions..somebody who has experienced these subs...im leaning towards buying them.
2005 Ford 500 SEL. 3 Kicker CVR 15"s. 2000 watt Quantum Audio AMP.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  

OK, I was being sarcastic.  This sounds like they were designed by the marketing dept.  Foam surrounds generally don't hold up well under hard use, that's why virtually every quality speaker design uses butyl rubber or even cloth.  It's more expensive, but they last.  A large magnet is indicative of how much power they're built to handle, not sound quality.  Magnets don't cost much.  Bottom line, it's much cheaper to make a speaker look like it's quality than to make one that really is quality.  The fact that it comes in a crate is just silly.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a SPL speaker that only lasts a year or less ('cos you'll blow them up) and SQ ain't important to you, this could be the one.  Put it in a bandpass box wit yo neons, yo.  Dey's gonna hear you coming from 10 blocks down in da hood.  Hell, mount it in the crate it came in.

Personally, anything that's 2 for 1 at BestBuy raises a red flag for me...

redrazor 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
I bought two of the FUBAR 12's from best buy and hooked them up in parallel to my 1500 @ 1 amp. They say the can handle 800 rms each? I would guess more like 450 probably less. I wasn't even pushing these things that hard and they only lasted a few days. I knew I should be buying them even while I was at the checkout counter. I wish I would have put that money towards a better product. I'll just go get something of higher quality next time and I'd bet you’d be happier with something else in the long run too.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
we sell them at our store but i wouldnt suggest them to anyone. we have even gotten them from the distributer blown.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic