icon

2001 gmc yukon remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toyotaman78 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 20, 2005 at 10:29 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a prestige aps996a into a 2001 gmc yukon.  He is bringing the truck back because he says his odometer doesn't work.  He didn't mind it when i installed because it didn't put miles on the display but now he wants to sell it.  I've never had this problem with any vehicle, i didn't know if anyone had ever had this happen.  I checked all the fuses the other day and they were all good. let me know if anybody knows where to start on this one.

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
It has never happen to me, and I highly doubt that it is realated to Prestige unit that you install.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2001 gmc yukon remote start -- posted image.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2005 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
never happened to me.  but cars can be crazy at times.

if its cable the cable goes from teh gear box to the back of the dials perhaps you have pulled at it accidentily.

if its electrical that would be unusual because if the dials work you would have had to snag the right wire coming out of the dials and there is a whole bunch of them that go in   about 25..

also is the speedo working because if its a cable system the speedo won't work if the odo stops they both stop  far as i remember ayway..

so take out the dials and check connections.

hope this helps
toyotaman78 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
appreciate the help truck coming in today will let u know
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  
good luck hope it fixes easy for ya
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2005 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
first of all forget about the wire to the gear box... beacuse it's all computerized now no more wires. if u installed a prestige i don't think u had to go into the instrument cluster my thought could be is that the cluster took a shhh!! and i know there's some stupid people out there but when he brings it back make sure it's on the odometer setting instead of the trip setting :)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic