icon

Why does the sub sound like sh*t?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hishameen 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
The amp manual says it can run at 2 ohm no problem.
bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
You have it in the wrong size enclosure let us know your model number and I will tell you the correct volume for your enclosure. Each sub has its own set of parameters which are used to calculate the size of the enclosure.
hishameen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2002 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged  
The model number off my sub is Audiobahn AW1008X  - these are the specs for the sub (
200 oz of Precision Engineered Multi-stacked Magnets Power Handling: 1000watts R.M.S. Frequency Response: 20Hz – 500Hz Efficiency: 87dB Bolt Tight Motor Structure PHAT 2 Inch Foam Surround Laminated Glass Fiber Composite/Pulp Cone 3 Inch 4-Layer AVS Voice Coil Dual 1 Ohm Voice Coils 1/2 Ohm or 2 Ohm Operation Mounting Dimensions: Depth; 6 Inch Hole; 9 1/4 Inch Diameter; 10 7/8 Inch
Aw1208q 
Copper - Posts: 42
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

box needs to be 1.6cubic feet. also for that sub it needs to be ported. Audiobahn does not suggest using a sealed box for the 08 series subs.

for more info on the box specs go to:

http://www.audiobahninc.com/tech/Audiobahn2002boxspecs.pdf

bberman1 
Gold - Posts: 2,314
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Your sub needs to be in a ported 1.9 cu/ft box with (1)4x11.5 port. Or 1 cu/ft sealed I have some AW1208Q’s in  1 cu/ft  per chamber sealed  and they sound pretty clean and hit very hard. Is your enclosure ported or sealed? Was the enclosure designed specifically for your sub? Also if you call Audiobahns tech support they will work with you to ensure you get the proper sound.
hishameen 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2002 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet, thanx allot.  Really appreciate it.  Looks like I'll have to wait a bit before I stick in the car. I have 2 of those 10's & an audiobahn 12 too & I was planning to throw that 10 in for now but I think I'll just wait until I get everything together for a FULL install...
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic