icon

broken into explorer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
Well I was parked in the parking lot of my work parking lot which is right beside a baseball stadium at my work...humana...and when i got back to my car my tailgate was up and my back window was open and all of my shhh was stolen, all of my subs...two alpine type r, two amps, mrd500's and one mrv 540 plus about 400 dollars in cables because they were all top notch stinger and they were cut...i had a viper 791x alarm and it just went off...shouldn't the door lock function not work when the alarm goes off...
they broke the rear window of the passenger door and unlocked it and then opened the hatch....you would think that an alarm would make that impossible..luckily my alpine iva d300 was sold on ebay last week by me to pay off some bills..but still it f#$%# sucks...the only good thing is that i work at an audio video store and get things half off, whoa i'm just venting my ass off right now...
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
what year explorer?If I remember right some explorers after a certain year when the doors are locked the door switch shuts down after a couple of minutes, so the doors won't unlock when the interior switch is pressed to unlock. Was the alarm going off still or did they disable the alarm too? The Viper does not have a long range, did you receive a page from the alarm to your responder remote? There is other brands with a longer range better than DEI. You should get a custom installed alarm with a back up battery,and interior mini sirens inside your suv so the crook won't disable the alarm so easy. You should have the alarm brain well hidden too. Yeap I feel your pain I had my car stolen along with the radio,speakers,etc. before I knew anything about installing aftermarket alarms, but now after many years in the car alarm industry I know the do's and don'ts on installing alarms.Hope everthing turns out okay for you on getting your stuff back. Does your insurance cover your loss? 
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 28, 2005 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like one of those situations where an alarm (no matter how good it's installed) is useless because the thief just doesn't care. I recommend a Pitbull. They are hard to ignore.broken into explorer -- posted image. Seriously though, sorry for you man. Best of luck in the future.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  
sorry to hear that man. I would be out kicking some ass. a mans car is sacred and shouldn't be touched. Its just not right..

when you have stuff like that in your car it doesn't matter how good the alarm is they still get it if they want it bad enough..  all you can do is get some mini piezo's i'd go with about 4 in around the sound system. if its a custom install it'll be harder to remove and the sirens can be hidden alot better.  put 2 in the Cab either side and the usual in the engine bay.

then if you needed to opt for an alarm with better range...

Rjahr01 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
well for the most part they just broke the window and when the car alarm was going off they just took everything anyways...the install was all custom with trim plates and it was fairly hard to remove but they got it anywyas...I guess next time I am going to have to use the special unremovable screws...or something thats hard to remove...and i guess i'm giong to have some mini pezo's or whatever you guys called them installed everyhwere on the inside of my car...
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 30, 2005 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Pager would probably be better.........Don't forget your camera.......
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic