icon

4 l5 with 3 jbl amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Clif 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged  
Heres what i plan on doing, to 15" l5s and 2 10" l5s with 3 jbl amps, a 4400(for 15s) a 2200 (for 10s)and a 4ch for the highs. This is all going in the back of my 94 chevy blazer and im now in the stage of laying down sound deadener. and i was tryen to get some new sweet looking ideas, but thats why i came here, so if you have a sweet idea or have a pic of some sweet fiberglass project, i would like to see it, i cant wait to get this startedm but i also want it to look like trully 1 of a kind and something out of this world, i also have a ton a neons i plan on "hiding" so it all glows at night. so let me know if you have any ideas. I will post pics of the progress that i make.
hmmm.... was that the right wire?
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 7:29 AM / IP Logged  
Clif go here and see if you see anything www.hzemall.com  Go to the gallery section.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
SoundAudio 
Copper - Posts: 242
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 8:09 AM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't recommend using 2 different size subwoofers.  You tend to get a lot more standing waves and cancelation, and it is harder to tune when using two different size woofers.
Good Luck!
-Thad
Clif 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
i dont plan on using them both at the same time, th 15s for when im listening to rap and that kind of music, and the 10s for rock and other kinds of music that need a quicker response.
Clif 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 29, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
check out the web site, got some ideas, but here is the progress so far. ripped everything out and put some sound deadener down then put everything back together.
Overall look of it
4 l5 with 3 jbl amps -- posted image.
Had a few extra sheets so i threw them on the hodd liner.
And the final product.
All that work and nothing to show for it, it took about 3 hours to do not including the tailgate. I plan on starting the base of the fiberglass maby saturday or monday, i got a few more ideas of what im going to do but not to shure.
blufab 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 31, 2005 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

Once you get started keep us posted with plenty of pics. Im anxious to see what you do b/c i havent seen too many SUV DIY fabrication projects.

I also have a Suv and am looking for inspiration for my project.

Clif 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 01, 2005 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
Scence it has been awile scence i have done some fiberglassing i decided to make some kick pannels for some component speakers, and i also decided to get some hood scoops and fiberglass them on and give them a little custom look. I will have pics of the hood scoop and the kick pannels ( or the work in progress that they are) by next sunday, got to work all week, bummer...... but today i got some done, put all new window motors in, scence my old ones were shot, now my windows go up and down without stoping...... what a heartache that used to be. But i will post another update next sunday, maby i will start doing it on a weekly basis to show the progress.... maby well im out for now cya all later.
Clif 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
got a little more done, almost finished with 1 kick pannel, still waiting to get my hood scoops in the mail. But this kick pannel turned out nice, needs a little more putty work, but thats for another day. few pics.......

Kick pannel is balancing on a block of wood as i cant screw it down till i cut the holes out, and i cant do that till i know what components im going to stick in there. Still nothing done yet with the main fiberglass box in the back, im still waiting on some wood. hope to have it this weekend. Till then, im out.
broncoman 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2005 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
try to reduce the resolution of the pics, very difficult to appreciate them. as soon as you start your project, post pics of the progress.
Clif 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2005 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
yea i was going to make them smaller but i did not have time, i will repost them later of them smaller.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic