Shocking Car Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minitruckin_jay 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: August 02, 2005 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  

Hey,

Just curious, Is there anyhting out there that hooks up to your alarm like a shock sensor, but actually shocks the person touchin your car, i gotta get one or make one, any one else tryed lookin into that?, Or know of anythin like that?

zezebiah 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 12:17 AM / IP Logged  
No there definately isnt anything like that... These days it doesnt matter if they're breaking into your car they will sue if they are injured in any way... I posted an idea like this a couple years ago and go this same response. My idea was to connect a capicitor to the car and have that shock them.
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  
where i live and in the states its illegal to have anything like that.  if you live in south africa you might get away with it.   Heard about some mad stuff over there...

it can be done of course. making a stun gun circuit. very high voltage and low current powered by 9V battery...

But if i where you i'd conceil some mini piezo sirens thats all you can do on the legal side of things..

not only that. what if some kid bout 5 or 6 was messing and tried to get into your car cos he didn't know anybetter.. I would recommend you not try it. you'll get the wrong person or a thief and get sued either way.  plus stun guns could kill if the person wasn't in good health or had a bad heart.

If you do persue it i doubt if anyone on here will give you the neccessary help.
Scoobyz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
Remember seeing something like this and that was in South Africa, not only did it give the would be thief a nasty shock whilst holding the steering wheel, it also had a flaming kit linked to pipes under the cills of the car, would be car jacker gets roasted in the process of the attempted car jackingShocking Car Alarm -- posted image.
Anything like this in the UK is strictly illegal(shame) as it can inflict serious injury or even death.
Scoobyz 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
PS I had 5 really loud sirens in one of my old cars,tucked under the seat,dash ETC, when the alarm was triggered there was no way anyone was going to stop inside that vehicle unless they were deaf. You would probably get sued in the UK for that now as well, for assult???
minitruckin_jay 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
Powermyster wrote:
where i live and in the states its illegal to have anything like that.  if you live in south africa you might get away with it.   Heard about some mad stuff over there...

it can be done of course. making a stun gun circuit. very high voltage and low current powered by 9V battery...

But if i where you i'd conceil some mini piezo sirens thats all you can do on the legal side of things..

not only that. what if some kid bout 5 or 6 was messing and tried to get into your car cos he didn't know anybetter.. I would recommend you not try it. you'll get the wrong person or a thief and get sued either way.  plus stun guns could kill if the person wasn't in good health or had a bad heart.

If you do persue it i doubt if anyone on here will give you the neccessary help.

Yea i have thought about the whole little kid thing, but if i did, probely wont cause im 2 lazy, it would be so little of a shock that would just give u a zap, nothin big like a taser, i live in canada, not like i live in a high risk neighbourhood, thankz 4 the help

minitruckin_jay 
Member spacespace
Powermyster wrote:

Yea i have thought about the whole little kid thing, but if i did, probely wont cause im 2 lazy, it would be so little of a shock that would just give u a zap, nothin big like a taser, i live in canada, not like i live in a high risk neighbourhood, thankz 4 the help

minitruckin_jay 
Member spacespace
Powermyster wrote:

Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  

Consider this.. what's that 'shock' going to do to the electronics in the car?.. Standard practice is to disconnect the battery and computer when welding on a car.

Jim

Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 03, 2005 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
yeah but you can weld with battery still in tact..
iv seen those pens and lighters that you can get in joke shops when you press them they shock you   sore enough seemed safe enough something like that would be good LOL made me drop the pen
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic